Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Questions on One-way rental and Ultimate Choice car swap

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2017, 11:11 am
Original Poster

I'm Hertz PC via UA 1k but am a total novice.

Question 1/ I need to pick up a car tomorrow in SLC and drop off in Las vegas on 11/25 does $329 for a chrysler 200 (full size F) seem a good price?
Question 2/ LAS has ultimate choice. When I arrive in LAS on Tuesday can I swap my car for an ultimate choice car?

Thank you in advance

Last edited by jason8612; Nov 18, 2017 at 5:31 pm Reason: Merged 2 consecutive posts
Old Nov 18, 2017, 11:24 am
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

$329 is a decent price but I'm seeing as low as $298.42 (slightly lower if you're a AAA member). You can use the link below for a discounted rate quote if you like.

As far as swapping, it's theoretically possible but there is no standard procedure for doing this. If you go into the return lanes at LAS, you can't get out, and once there they will check in the car and close out the contract and it will be a mess to deal with. If you really really want to go through the hassle, you could park outside the rental center and then walk in and speak with a manager, but they're not likely to be that accommodating if you just say that you're not happy with the car and want to browse the PC aisle. It doesn't really work like that. If you have a valid reason for wanting to swap, they'll probably try to accommodate you, but it's going to be a pain, and IMHO it's not worth the hassle, especially since there's a decent chance you won't find anything much better than what you already had. I was in LAS 2 weeks ago, and the PC section was pretty underwhelming, and there weren't even any upgrades available, even if you wanted to pay the $25/day extra.
Old Nov 18, 2017, 12:25 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AutoSlash
$329 is a decent price but I'm seeing as low as $298.42 (slightly lower if you're a AAA member). You can use the link below for a discounted rate quote if you like.

As far as swapping, it's theoretically possible but there is no standard procedure for doing this. If you go into the return lanes at LAS, you can't get out, and once there they will check in the car and close out the contract and it will be a mess to deal with. If you really really want to go through the hassle, you could park outside the rental center and then walk in and speak with a manager, but they're not likely to be that accommodating if you just say that you're not happy with the car and want to browse the PC aisle. It doesn't really work like that. If you have a valid reason for wanting to swap, they'll probably try to accommodate you, but it's going to be a pain, and IMHO it's not worth the hassle, especially since there's a decent chance you won't find anything much better than what you already had. I was in LAS 2 weeks ago, and the PC section was pretty underwhelming, and there weren't even any upgrades available, even if you wanted to pay the $25/day extra.

Thank you. I have submitted for a quote. I also just found an Avis full size ford fusion or similar via priceline for $277 . Is there any point paying more for hertz in the hope that they upgrade me to a much nicer car?
Old Nov 18, 2017, 2:12 pm

UC

Originally Posted by EWRMAN
Thank you. I have submitted for a quote. I also just found an Avis full size ford fusion or similar via priceline for $277 . Is there any point paying more for hertz in the hope that they upgrade me to a much nicer car?
Pearsonally, I will stay with Hertz since you will have much higher chance to choose from infinite sedan or large suv. Could you please update info here and share with recent available cars. Thank You.
Old Nov 18, 2017, 7:42 pm
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Originally Posted by EWRMAN
Even without UC at SLC, as a PC member you still have a better than average chance of getting a nice upgrade. It's probably still worth paying a few $ more if you have status with Hertz.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.