Wiki Posts
Search

Hertz LHR extra charges

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2017, 7:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG LT Plat ANA Plat
Hertz LHR extra charges

Rented a car at Hertz LHR for 3 days, filled the tank a few miles before dropping off the car, was told all is OK and off I went.

later received two charges of around 40 pounds on my CC, complained ti Visda and was told the firts charge was " Fuel plus VAT plus License Fee" and second a month later was an admin fee.

I told Visa I did not accrue fuel charges as I filled up ( charged to same card ) and wont pay admin fee unless substantiated.

Is this a common rip off ?
Old Oct 1, 2017, 8:03 pm
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Are you sure you didn't opt into the fuel service plan when you first checked out the vehicle? Even if you said no to it, it's possible the agent added it to the contract. You may want to take a look if you still have the original contract paperwork or were emailed a copy.
Old Oct 1, 2017, 8:20 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AutoSlash
Are you sure you didn't opt into the fuel service plan when you first checked out the vehicle? Even if you said no to it, it's possible the agent added it to the contract. You may want to take a look if you still have the original contract paperwork or were emailed a copy.
have the paperwork and no did not opt in, even so this would explain only one charge
Old Oct 1, 2017, 8:29 pm

Sounds like your best course of action is to email Hertz and ask for an explanation of all charges post return. The License Fee should have been part of the originally estimated taxes and fees. As far as the fuel fee goes, they normally have to mark whether the tank was full when they close out the contract. Not sure about the admin fee. That's one to ask them about.
Old Oct 1, 2017, 10:37 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AutoSlash
Sounds like your best course of action is to email Hertz and ask for an explanation of all charges post return. The License Fee should have been part of the originally estimated taxes and fees. As far as the fuel fee goes, they normally have to mark whether the tank was full when they close out the contract. Not sure about the admin fee. That's one to ask them about.
Already e mailed Hertz, 6 weeks later no response apart from the auto acknowledgement, fuel was marked full.

What is the licence fee ? never heard of that after many many rentals
Old Oct 1, 2017, 11:06 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

The admin fee could be for something else

e.g. Hertz was contacted regarding something like speeding or not paying the toll for Dartford River Crossing and this is the fee for Hertz to pass details on

Have you tried making a telephone call to Customer relations at Hertz UK which may well be able to answer the question immediately

If it cannot answer the question, it can open a ticket for the issue and should be answered within 7-10 business days

I wouldn't use email for such a query

Dave
Old Oct 2, 2017, 12:47 am

Whenever I return at LHR, I get a receipt on the spot confirming the final cost. Did you keep keep that?
Old Oct 2, 2017, 12:50 am
Original Poster

Yes I have the reciept, I have a ticket number, just no response
Old Oct 2, 2017, 2:12 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by BRITINJAPAN3
Yes I have the reciept, I have a ticket number, just no response
If you phoned customer service, got a ticket number and it has now been 6 weekns, give customer services another call
Old Oct 2, 2017, 5:06 am

Originally Posted by BRITINJAPAN3
What is the licence fee ? never heard of that after many many rentals
The license fee is a fee Hertz charges to cover the cost of registering/licensing their vehicles.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 6:58 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Are you able to dispute the charge on your credit card (depends on bank location)? If so, what is the deadline for a dispute.

If you have already attempted to resolve this and have not received satisfaction, go ahead and dispute the two charges.

Do understand that Hertz is known to place individuals on its Do Not Rent (DNR) list if it disagrees with the chargeback dispute.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 5:48 pm
Original Poster

I have worked with CC company and finally charges removed, if Hertz wish to place me on their do not rent list, then its mutual.

Thanks for all the input

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.