Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hertz Violation ATS Charge $180

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2017, 9:55 pm

Programs: AA Gold, WN A+ & CP, HH Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
You can work on an argument that the recording device was faulty
That doesn't answer my question, just deflects from it.

What defence?
That the device was faulty, for one. That the officer didn't accurately pace you. I'm sure there are myriad of defenses.

Most places I know state the offence as travelling greater than xxx and less than yyy

All drivers are equal as far as what the legal speed is.
I always wondered why every person pulled over gets a ticket 100% of the.......oh, wait.

It is black and white. There is a speed limit posted. If exceeding that limit, then you are committing the offence. If there are cameras , then

The officers can be utilised on more useful tasks. Also, the cameras can capture a lot higher percentage of speeding drivers than one officer can. How about simply complying with the law, then it matters not whether tickets are issued by camera or by an officer
You can be committing the offense and be going less than the speed limit. What's your point?

I agree that officers can be utilized on more useful tasks. Speed traps are about revenue so if they want to get the money, do it the honest way and put an officer there. At least we don't have average speed cameras. And it does matter if the ticket is issued by a camera or an officer. With the officer you can at least question the officer, have them testify, present their case. Especially important if you believe that you weren't speeding. You can't really do that with a camera. And you can't say "well if the camera took your picture you must be guilty". You are presumed innocent in the US. Albeit, as I said previously, the ticket itself is a presumption of guilt. But that's a whole different subject.
Old Jul 18, 2017, 3:53 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Hi All:

Discussion has drifted from directly answering the OP's question to a meta-discussion about traffic enforcement in general. While I appreciate the conversation and general civility shown by all, I also think it's off-topic for this forum so I will close this thread.

If there is a desire to continue this dialog, I am happy to split off the relevant posts and move it to a new thread in OMNI; please PM me.

Thanks for everyone's understanding.

FlyinHawaiian, Acting Moderator
Hertz Gold Plus Forum

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.