Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Renting at BNA (Nashville); What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2017, 11:28 am
Original Poster

Couldn't find a thread for BNA, so starting one.

Anyone through BNA recently? I have not rented from a location with Ultimate Choice, yet, so I am looking forward to the opportunity! I'm 5*, so wondering if they have separate gold and 5* areas and how well they are typically stocked.

Thanks!
Old Jun 20, 2017, 11:43 pm
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

The Hertz location at BNA does have separate areas for Gold, 5 Star, and President's Circle. Vehicles at Nashville do vary significantly from one day to the next in the 5* selection. Ordinarily, the 5* section is predominantly stocked with nearly new standard and full-size vehicles with many models to choose among. Nissans are popular -- Middle Tennessee is the home for Nissan North America -- but models from Chevrolet, Kia, Hyundai, and Volkswagen are often present.

On one visit last month, we were disappointed to encounter a 5* selection of smaller Chevrolet Cruzes and Hyundai Elantras. However, there were many alternatives available for a 5* customer in the Gold, Full Size, Midsize, and Compact aisles, just with a few more miles on the clock.

We hope you enjoy the time in Nashville!
Old Aug 6, 2017, 9:13 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Despite this being a UC location, they pre-assigned me a 30K mile Maxima for my Intermediate rental - I suspect because it was a one-way to a downtown HLE. Of course, I simply ignored that vehicle and went to Ultimate Choice...

The PC lot, on a Saturday afternoon, was very uninspiring... Mostly Hyundai/Kia/etc full sizes, with a scattering of midsize. One Chrysler 300, one Dodge Charger (YF), and two Ford Fusion Hybrid (E6) were the only things I noticed above the norm.

Five Star was mainly basic mid-sizes, with maybe a few full sizes.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Aug 7, 2017 at 4:33 am Reason: moved into existing thread
Old Jan 14, 2018, 3:53 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Arrived at BNA on a Saturday morning about 1 am at the tail end of a winter storm. The station closes at midnight, and it looked like staff stocked the lot before they left. It was 20 degrees, so I didn’t take a long look at the options, but beyond the normal sedans, I saw a pair of Camaro convertibles, a Chrysler 300c, an F150 pickup, a Cadillac CTS, and an Infiniti Q50. Since it was still snowing, I looked for something with AWD and found a 2017 Mercedes-Benz GLC300 4Matic Premium 1 with 22,000 miles and Georgia plates. I was a happy camper once I figured out how to use the seat heater.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 1:46 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Am Elite, HH Diamond, BonVoy Gold Elite, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, StarAlliance Gold
went through my old pics form my trip to Nashville in late january
only checked 5Star as i was not PC back then
i ended up with one of the two brand new Dodge Rams 1500 5.7l hemi with under 1000 miles and nice trim with heated seats and heated steering wheel etc...
i also saw a Jeep wrangler, but it didn't have any usb ports
also saw couple of Chrysler mini vans
5 impalas
Kias and other smaller chevy ...probably malibu

the only cars i could still remember and see on the pics in PC were also RAMs, Impalas, Chrysler 300 and what looks like a Tahoe
Joonydell likes this.
Old Mar 10, 2020, 10:15 am

Programs: WN A-list Preferred and CP, AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, RIP Kimpton
I was in Nashville this past weekend and the PC Aisle was loaded. It had numerous QX60's, XT5, CT5/XTS (I didn't check closely to see which), a few Suburbans and a fully loaded Nissan Armada (which I took). When I returned the next afternoon, they even had a pair of QX60's in the 5 star area.
Old Jun 22, 2020, 9:19 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, Southwest RR, HHonors Diamond, Hertz PC, National EE
Have an upcoming weekend rental in August. How's the PC selection been recently?
Old Aug 10, 2020, 10:51 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, Southwest RR, HHonors Diamond, Hertz PC, National EE
Found a Buick Enclave parked at the end of the PC aisle last Thursday, Aug 6th. Had ~11k miles on the odometer. The gear shifter took some getting used to. The garage was maybe a quarter to a third full of vehicles.

Imo, PC and Five Star we’re lackluster. Also had a backup 7 passenger SUV. Carfirmation email was for a Nissan Armada but would have been $80 more for a three day rental.

PC aisle. Thursday, Aug 6th around 5pm

Five Star Thurs, Aug 6th around 5pm

Premium Upgrades. Sunday, Aug 9th around noon

PC Aisle. Thur, Aug 6th around 5pm
Old Jun 2, 2021, 9:41 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, HH DIA, Hertz PC, GE + Pre✓, Amazon Super Special Prime
Rented from Hertz BNA on Friday of Memorial Day weekend.

Arrived at the parking garage around 8am. Name was on the board, had a space assigned (but I didn't have any email confirmation with that assignment)- so I just went straight to PC.

Note, they are doing construction between the terminal and the garage. Bit of a hike to get to the garage now, but I think it will be much better once the walkways are finished.

PC lane was 60% full... mostly full size 4 door sedans, a few of the mid-size crossovers, and 2 Ford Explorers - 1 of which I took.

2021 Limited Trim model, 4K on the odometer, had Sirius and Apple Car Play, plus a decent interior trim package. Was a nice ride up to ORD over the weekend!

Thought about sticking around for something else, but they didn't seem in much of a rush to bring new cars up. Rest of the lot was half full as well for Hertz.
Ordpc, Auto Enthusiast and m907 like this.
Old Jun 9, 2021, 2:52 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Picked up yesterday (Tuesday 6/8) at 10:45 AM

Not much quantity but a surprising amount of quality. A Land Rover Evoque and an Infiniti Q50S 3.0T in PC (I took the latter) plus a decent Gold selection.
Old Jun 21, 2021, 8:52 pm

Picked up at the PC lot on Friday - nice BMW 3 series. Just missed getting a Range Rover Evoque. Decent selection overall though.
aztimm and Ordpc like this.
Old Oct 11, 2021, 6:36 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Arrived at BNA last Thursday (on the AA AUS-BNA nonstop), arrived at Hertz about 7:30pm. Even though I'm only 5*, it said, "Pres Circle," after my name. There were quite a few SUVs, some 4-door sedans, and a few sporty things. Then there was this:

It was a Fort Mustang GT 5.0 convertible. The top was already down; when I got to the booth, the woman asked, "do you know how to put that up?" Before I left, she said, "no matter what you do tonight, make sure you have at least a little fun with that car."

I drove straight to Chattanooga, and it handled very well on the I-24. I was in Chattanooga for Swim the Suck on Saturday. The vehicle handled quite well, and I had the top down every time I drove it. Even this morning, driving back to Nashville (I wore a sweatshirt for a bit).

I think it definitely helps to pick up on Thursday, rather than Friday. The return area this morning was a mess; I was a bit leery of leaving the vehicle (as the 2 employees were saying), but I did and no problems on my receipt.

Almost forgot, if you have a Sam's Club membership, there is one with gas maybe 5 minutes from the airport. Of course I had already filled up. Sam's was $.15/gallon less than what I paid.
Ordpc and Auto Enthusiast like this.
Old Mar 14, 2022, 3:48 am

Programs: SWRR, HH, SM, TSA Pre
Picked up from BNA Sunday March 13th at about noon. Had a ton of choices in the gold aisle. Equinox, Trailblazer, Escape, Flex, Eco-Sport, Sorento, Mailibu and a few other smaller options. I went with a 2021 Trailblazer with 21,000 miles on it and AWD. Got to the gate and they tried to charge me my rental total as a daily rate. Manager was very nice in getting it fixed, very glad I looked at the receipt before I drove off. Gate person tried to say it was because I had two reservations and cancelled one the week before.
Auto Enthusiast and Ordpc like this.
Old Aug 4, 2022, 10:43 pm

At 3:30 pm on Wednesday, Aug 3rd PC was pretty much empty. There were 2 challengers, a toyota c-hr, a nissan pathfinder, and a still wet from the wash was a Cadillac XT4 350 FWD suv with 8,611 on the clock which I took. I glanced towards 5-star and gold and both barely had anything in them as well. What they did have a ton of were teslas in the upgrade section. Returns was full, and PC just as empty, with maybe 5-6 cars when i went back through today, still tons of 3's and y's.
Auto Enthusiast and Ordpc like this.
Old Aug 28, 2022, 6:46 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

BNA - late Sat evening

Hi,
This was the cars at the PC area at midnight on Sat/Sun. I initially had the reservation for Sun morning as I saw that this station only opened till 11pm, however I thought I would still check it out and there was still someone at the gate, so I checked if I could get a car and was informed that if I had a reservation it was no problem - so that saved me an Uber ride. They should put info on their website.
Not too shabby options - I had wanted to grab the BMW roaster, but my travel partner thought it was too low, so in the end grabbed the Merc - with 35k on the mileage and 2019 model.

Cheers!
jtav559, Ordpc and milesforhire like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.