Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Renting at BOS; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2016, 11:19 pm
Original Poster

In Boston this evening, the PC area had just F and D cars, plus a few of the nicer C class. I booked a Compact, so cannot really complain.
Old Dec 16, 2016, 2:57 am

Originally Posted by Yllanes
In Boston this evening, the PC area had just F and D cars, plus a few of the nicer C class. I booked a Compact, so cannot really complain.
So you booked below a midsize and were still directed to choose from the PC aisle?
Old Jan 21, 2017, 7:25 am

Programs: VFC, BAEC, ETIHAD, IHG,

Im about to book a standard car in Boston Logan, anyone know what type of car to expect ? I will be booking via Amex do hoping for an upgrade :-)
Old Jan 21, 2017, 1:13 pm

Programs: Hertz Gold PC, AAdvantage Platinum, United Premier 1K, HHonors Gold
BOS

Expect a Chevy Cruze for a standard car reservation. PC had a few minivans (T&Cs and Quests), several Nissan Pathfinders, and a Charger R/T Hemi with Michigan plates. Prestige Upgrades were Cadillac XT5s and an Infiniti Q50 sedan. Lots of full size suvs on the lot, and many Cadillac sedans in the return section.

BDL
Spotted a Tundra on the lot, and went to check it out, thinking it might've been an employee's truck. Nope- Hertz now has the 2017 Toyota Tundra SR5, extended cab, 5.7L V8, 4x4, 6.5' bed truck in the fleet. Equipped with the tow package and bedliner.
Old Feb 11, 2017, 7:09 pm

I am Platinum and have an upcoming reservation at BOS. Just got an email explaining the ultimate Choice program. Typically BOS has upgraded me to the best car on the lot - in fact for my last reservation I received the carfirmation over 24 hours in advance and they had a brand new QX80 waiting for me when I had reserved a basic SUV. They kept it out of service to assure it would be waiting for me!

So I am a little puzzled/stressed about this upcoming reservation. Their sample map doesnt even have a Platinum section. The email they just sent suggests platinums need to pay for upgrades I would typically get for free "Upgrades are available for just $35 more per day* (only $25 more per day* for President’s Circle and Platinum members). Simply select the vehicle you want to drive from the Premium Upgrade zone and go"

What if I have them deliver the car to the terminal - are they just grabbing something off the lot without pre-blocking a top vehicle fior me?

Any Platinums have any experience with Ultimate Choice?!
Old Feb 14, 2017, 9:04 pm

Originally Posted by BeantownFlyer
I am Platinum and have an upcoming reservation at BOS. Just got an email explaining the ultimate Choice program. Typically BOS has upgraded me to the best car on the lot - in fact for my last reservation I received the carfirmation over 24 hours in advance and they had a brand new QX80 waiting for me when I had reserved a basic SUV. They kept it out of service to assure it would be waiting for me!

So I am a little puzzled/stressed about this upcoming reservation. Their sample map doesnt even have a Platinum section. The email they just sent suggests platinums need to pay for upgrades I would typically get for free "Upgrades are available for just $35 more per day* (only $25 more per day* for President’s Circle and Platinum members). Simply select the vehicle you want to drive from the Premium Upgrade zone and go"

What if I have them deliver the car to the terminal - are they just grabbing something off the lot without pre-blocking a top vehicle fior me?

Any Platinums have any experience with Ultimate Choice?!

To answer my own question - I just got the Carfirmation email - about 20 hours in advance of my scheduled pickup - and they have already assigned a Cadillac CTS (maybe I will be surprised with a CTS-V although I know those are not part of the BOS fleet). So it seems like even with the "ultimate choice" they are continuing their practice of preblocking desirable cars for Platinum customers.
Old Mar 5, 2017, 10:21 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
Originally Posted by arir
JFK offers a Prestige collection 7 seater:

'(Z4)Infiniti QX60/L.R. Discovery (Group Z4) RGDR'

It also says 'Reserve this Exact Model'

So which is it when reserving this exact model - the Infiniti or the LR?
I've got the same question, this time booking in BOS... Anyone know whether I'm more likely to get the Infiniti or the Land Rover? Also, any idea whether an upsell to a larger luxury SUV might be possible? I realise the latter question may be a bit OT...
Old Mar 13, 2017, 5:09 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
Originally Posted by Microwave
I've got the same question, this time booking in BOS... Anyone know whether I'm more likely to get the Infiniti or the Land Rover? Also, any idea whether an upsell to a larger luxury SUV might be possible? I realise the latter question may be a bit OT...
To close the loop for posterity, I ended up with a 2017 QX60 with around 1900 miles on it. Not AWD from what I can tell, unfortunately. There was a QX80 available, though I didn't ask what the cost difference would be as I'm uninterested in paying more.
Old Apr 3, 2017, 12:59 am

I booked ICAR with PC for Boston this Friday. Any idea what they tend to have in the Ultimate Choice PC section at the moment? Any chance for an SUV?
Old Jun 23, 2017, 9:23 am

I know it's far out but booked a Q4 to pick up Labor Day. Any idea what a Gold member might expect will be picked out for them? I assume it's separate from Ultimate Choice since it's not a sedan but we could pick a SUV from there if we found one we liked better?
Old Sep 10, 2017, 11:32 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Any recent reports for the PC area in Boston? Headed there tomorrow and wondering if I should book with Hertz or Enterprise...
Old Sep 10, 2017, 12:07 pm

Picked up the day after Labor Day, which ended up being the equivalent of a Monday morning. A handful of vehicles in the 5* area, half of them minivans. The small SUV I requested was not waiting upon arrival - they had to pull a Kia Sportage from the returns area, and it had a stained rear seat. Ended up taking a Chrysler T&C from the 5* area - had satellite radio and rear seat DVD player, but car had clear electrical issues and no iPod capability.

PC area looked like it had some Mercedes & Infiniti models - don't remember what else they had, but inventory looked good.
Old Sep 12, 2017, 2:01 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Monday around 7pm the PC area was mostly empty.

When I first got there, PC had a few minivans, a few SUVs (medium/large size), and one Toyota Camry. Five Star and Gold were a little better stocked, but mainly intermediates and maybe an occasional full size. The upgrade area had a few Merc's (didn't look close enough to see what models).

I lingered for a few minutes, and they drove a few more minivans and SUVs, into PC and then finally an Infiniti Q50 which I grabbed. Definitely worth the ~5 minutes I spent waiting...
Old Oct 28, 2017, 6:27 am

Programs: Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum, Eurobonus Diamond
Thursday 4pm

Lot was full with no empty spaces at all. PC area had:

1x Tahoe LT
4-5x Ford Expedition
3x Explorer
2x Pathfinder
Multiple 300s
1x QX60 (Which i took)
Multiple of the usual fullsize suspects
Old Dec 29, 2017, 10:49 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold
Showed up at BOS in the evening, only to find the 5* section completely empty. PC had a lone Infiniti Q50 and Chrysler 300. Was about to snag the Q50 but then a Q70 with just under 20k miles pulled up, so I went for that.

BTW, I got PC through United, but it's been a few days and my account wasn't updated yet. The gate agent did inquire how I got that car as I was only 5* and asked if I wanted to pay to upgrade, but then she was able to make a call and let me through upon checking with the back office regarding the pending PC status. I obviously got pretty lucky, but definitely happy with Hertz/PC/UC thus far!

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Dec 30, 2017 at 4:26 am Reason: Moved from PC Experiences thread; seems more topical here

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.