Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Renting at BOS; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Renting at BOS; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2022, 2:19 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Picked up 11/16 at 6:30 PM

Yawn. I ended up in a Chevy Malibu LT with 9,000 miles and XM.
Old Nov 21, 2022, 9:07 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by CMK10
Picked up 11/16 at 6:30 PM

Yawn. I ended up in a Chevy Malibu LT with 9,000 miles and XM.
The white Nissan rogue in spot 326 looked pretty good. Those form of SUVs are my preference nice to see there are a few offered
Old Dec 4, 2022, 9:58 pm

There was a Polestar 2 in the PC lane on Friday morning along with a Jeep Gladiator and some generic options. I glanced at the PC lanes on Sunday while I was returning and spotted two new model Tahoes in PC.
Old Dec 8, 2022, 7:09 pm

Originally Posted by m907
There was a Polestar 2 in the PC lane on Friday morning along with a Jeep Gladiator and some generic options. I glanced at the PC lanes on Sunday while I was returning and spotted two new model Tahoes in PC.
Makes me wonder how does one reserve a Polestar? As far as I know, they just started receiving them.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Dec 8, 2022, 9:12 pm

Originally Posted by willzyx
Makes me wonder how does one reserve a Polestar? As far as I know, they just started receiving them.
They showed up for reservation some time ago at specific locations when I was searching.

Intermediate Electric, (C4) Polestar 2 LR Dual Motor
Old Jan 4, 2023, 11:34 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA GLD
No polestars tonight in PC. Was hoping for a Model Y.

However they did have 1 Tesla model 3 LR, 2 standard model 3s, a couple Minivans, an Expedition, a Dodge Ram, a couple Equinox, a Taos, a Corolla Cross, 2 Venza Hybrids, and a Highlander.
Auto Enthusiast and oftech like this.
Old Aug 19, 2023, 6:48 am

Any updates on what electric cars are in Boston. The rates are decent but want to make sure it's not a Versa or something tiny like that.
Old Aug 20, 2023, 2:54 pm

Originally Posted by edge
Any updates on what electric cars are in Boston. The rates are decent but want to make sure it's not a Versa or something tiny like that.
I saw a lot of Model 3s when I was there in late July. Most of them seemed to be standard range, as I had reserved an extended range and they had to find one for me. Unfortunately, the one they found had over 40K miles on it and a small crack in the rear windshield. I ended up canceling the reservation and using a backup reservation I had at National.
edge and Auto Enthusiast like this.
Old Oct 14, 2023, 6:23 pm

Picked up my car last thuesday arround 9 AM.
The garage was packed with cars. Five star/Gold and PC: Full with SUV's from any brand and model.
Lots of chocies. I even saw an expedition with a mileage of 10k. To big for me, so i grabbed a GMC Acadia.
Old Nov 14, 2023, 1:57 pm

I am Planning on moving from Boston to LA and don't have too much stuff but enough to need a Full-size SUV, Like a Yukon or Tahoe. I have PC status with Hertz. Can I book a midsize and drive away in one of those? Or would I have to book something else? Also, how's the availability at Boston Aiport? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!
Old Nov 17, 2023, 1:48 pm

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy LTE+A, HH D, Nat'l EE, Hertz Plat, Avis PC
You *might* be able to drive away with one of those. Then again you might get your choice of color Camrys and Fusions--there's just way to reliably know what's going to be in the PC (or 5*) section. For something like a cross-country move where you absolutely need the space a full-size SUV offers, I can't imagine not booking and paying for the full-size SUV.
Old Feb 22, 2024, 11:51 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA GLD
Gambled with a full size and take the chance to get something bigger with PC. Lots of empty spots at 2pm, a couple sedans, 2 Tesla m3’s, pickup trucks, and a base 4Runner. No 2 row/3 row crossovers or minivans.
Old Mar 17, 2024, 11:44 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz PC
March 12, arrived about 7pm, there were no cars available. About a dozen people waiting for Gold and 5-star choice, and soon after I arrived, 3 more PC customers standing around, all staring at the empty garage. Employees promised cars coming, just wait. About 15 minutes later, they pulled up in a 2024 Cadillac CT4, with 7 miles on the odometer, and that's what I took. They hadn't even removed all the plastic from the interior chrome, yet.
Old Mar 18, 2024, 10:18 am

Originally Posted by ULDB65
March 12, arrived about 7pm, there were no cars available. About a dozen people waiting for Gold and 5-star choice, and soon after I arrived, 3 more PC customers standing around, all staring at the empty garage. Employees promised cars coming, just wait. About 15 minutes later, they pulled up in a 2024 Cadillac CT4, with 7 miles on the odometer, and that's what I took. They hadn't even removed all the plastic from the interior chrome, yet.
Sounds like I missed you by a couple of hours. I arrived on the 12th at about 5pm to the same scene. No cars available with at least 20 people in line for Gold and 2 ahead of me in PC. Took about 15 minutes standing around until an employee pulled around in a pretty beat-up 2019 QX50 with 55k miles which I wasn't thrilled with but took to get on my way. The next person after me ended up in a full-size RAM pickup so I was at least glad to avoid having to drive that around the streets of New England.

For what it's worth, when I returned on the evening of the 16th the lots were pretty full with no customers waiting around.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.