Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Renting at MIA; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Renting at MIA; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2019, 11:10 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by qruz
Hey anyone been to MIA recently?

Doing a trip from MIA then heading down to Key west for a week. Ideally I'd like a Mustang GT or something similar (I'm PC), could I get away ordering a Luxury 2/4 or a Intermediate and hoping to take whats there? Mustang or Camero etc.

Thanks

I rent at MIA frequently and I have never seen a GT or anything similar in UC spaces (PC myself). They really have crap selection in PC.

Sometimes I find better cars in 5*

Check around the end of the 5* area and you might get lucky.
Old Jul 7, 2019, 11:16 am

Programs: Hertz , Delta, SPG
Originally Posted by DreamTrip
I rent at MIA frequently and I have never seen a GT or anything similar in UC spaces (PC myself). They really have crap selection in PC.

Sometimes I find better cars in 5*

Check around the end of the 5* area and you might get lucky.
Thanks for the response DreamTrip.

The scenario is very basic, I am PC member, I can book a Intermediate for $150 or I can book the full for 300$.. now if there's no decent cars I can take the full anyway from PC upgrade... I think I will just do this and if there happens to be a more sporty car I'll inquire at the desk at the cost change.
Old Jul 7, 2019, 11:25 am

The scenario is very basic, I am PC member, I can book a Intermediate for $150 or I can book the full for 300$.. now if there's no decent cars I can take the full anyway from PC upgrade... I think I will just do this and if there happens to be a more sporty car I'll inquire at the desk at the cost change.

Good plan!

I would never pay more than Intermediate having PC status because sometimes you get lucky finding a nice car.

But be prepared to be stuck with a Toyota
Old Jul 8, 2019, 5:39 pm

Programs: Hertz PC, National Executive Elite, Marriott Platinum, Chase Sapphire Reserve, HH Diamond

you can always book both, and then cancel the unused reservation at the gate.
Old Sep 4, 2019, 5:49 am

Hi,
I'm 5 Star Member and have a U4 (Camaro SS Conv. etc.) reservation at MIA.
Is there a extra section for U4 where i can choose my car or do I get a car chosen by Hertz?
Old Sep 4, 2019, 5:30 pm

Originally Posted by Michael54431
Hi,
I'm 5 Star Member and have a U4 (Camaro SS Conv. etc.) reservation at MIA.
Is there a extra section for U4 where i can choose my car or do I get a car chosen by Hertz?
You'll usually get pre-assigned a specific car. If you'd like something different, you can ask the gold booth for alternate options.
Old Sep 4, 2019, 10:46 pm

ok, thank you!
Old Sep 20, 2019, 2:50 pm

Hello, does anyone have experience in the Prestige Z4 category and know which car is usually available in Miami and how old are cars?
Old Oct 1, 2019, 9:00 am

Originally Posted by Evr13
Hello, does anyone have experience in the Prestige Z4 category and know which car is usually available in Miami and how old are cars?
Did you find anything about this category? Will be renting same category at MIA in a couple of weeks and was also wondering what would be available.
Old Oct 2, 2019, 11:33 am

Originally Posted by Carlos Moreno
Did you find anything about this category? Will be renting same category at MIA in a couple of weeks and was also wondering what would be available
I have the reservation for November 10. I will tell you what I get, while if someone has more information

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Nov 30, 2020 at 11:33 am Reason: repaired broken quote
Old Oct 21, 2019, 8:02 pm

Does Hertz keep Cadillac Escalades in stock at MIA?
Old Oct 22, 2019, 12:05 am

I'm a 5*, and I'm going to rent at MIA for the first time in a few weeks from now. What kind of cars can I reasonably expect to choose from if I rent an intermediary (C), and is there any chance that they have GPS?
Old Oct 22, 2019, 12:27 am

Originally Posted by seethruya
Does Hertz keep Cadillac Escalades in stock at MIA?
I think so.

Usually in PC they have had a couple XT5 400 which I've chosen recently.

Originally Posted by RedChili
I'm a 5*, and I'm going to rent at MIA for the first time in a few weeks from now. What kind of cars can I reasonably expect to choose from if I rent an intermediary (C), and is there any chance that they have GPS?

You can get lucky in 5* but make sure to walk all the way down the isle and check the sides at the end. They keep a few good ones down there.

But to be honest Hertz MIA in general don't have anything memeroble in UC.

I negotiated $20 extra a day for BMW X3 a month ago.

Last edited by jason8612; Oct 24, 2019 at 6:11 am Reason: merge consecutive posts
Old Oct 22, 2019, 2:02 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
On GPS, I'm sure some would but you're highly likely to find something with CarPlay and/or Android Auto, which you can use with your phone.
Old Oct 22, 2019, 11:14 pm

Thanks, DreamTrip and Cymro!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.