Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Renting at FLL; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Renting at FLL; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2019, 6:58 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Carlson Gold, CM Presidential / *A Gold, Hertz 5*
5* and reserved an intermediate for $162
- 4 day rental

small choice at the 5* lot but amazing cars

2 x 2019 Dodge Challenger Hemi RTs - 30K+ and 22K miles on them - would have taken the 22K mile one, but we had a drive to Orlando and it’s not the most comfortable for long distances - these are V4 class

2 x mini vans - great value for a larger family, as they are usually fairly expensive

a couple of medium and larger sized SUVs

1 x 2019 300S with 3K miles on it. Full leather interior, Sirius XM, full dash with car play etc

took the 300S and quite happy with it. Never driven one and it’s definitely comfortable. Car play and XM is handy. Classed as a luxury (I) car, unsure on that part, but still great value for what we paid

they pulled around an impala and a camery as we were driving off

had a quick look at the PC lot beside, and saw nothing special. Lot of Tucson SUVs etc
Old Feb 22, 2019, 12:01 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Platinum
I will be staying in FLL two days before and two days after a cruise around Thanksgiving. I can not believe the prices (around $100/night + tax/fees) I am seeing even for modest vehicles. Should I expect prices to fall between now and then or is this just a Thanksgiving thing? (I have not flown anywhere around Thanksgiving in decades....)
Old Feb 22, 2019, 1:38 pm

Originally Posted by Dalewood
I will be staying in FLL two days before and two days after a cruise around Thanksgiving. I can not believe the prices (around $100/night + tax/fees) I am seeing even for modest vehicles. Should I expect prices to fall between now and then or is this just a Thanksgiving thing? (I have not flown anywhere around Thanksgiving in decades....)
Might be Thanksgiving. Do you have any Hertz points? That might be a very good use - and if the rates fall you can always cancel up until 24h before.
Old Feb 27, 2019, 4:33 pm

Programs: Hertz Presidents Circle, National EE, Lots of Stupid CCs&The I Am Crazy Enough To Actually Pay For F
Originally Posted by Dalewood
The holidays are a big part plus snowbird season in south FL
Auto Enthusiast and Joonydell like this.
Old May 28, 2019, 12:03 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Picked up last Sunday at 11 AM

The selection was much more SUV-y than I like. The sedans were a 300, a Taurus, a Fusion and a Maxima with 33,000 miles I ultimately took that did at least have XM
Old Oct 4, 2019, 11:11 pm

Programs: National Exec, Hertz PC, Avis PC, Sixt Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Wyndham Diamond, TR Diamond
Arrived at 10:30pm on Friday. It was absolutely insane the buses were shoulder to shoulder to even get there. Walked out to an empty lot except for dream cars/ultimate series. Asked the lady and she called in on the radio that we were PC and booked full. They have us a 2019 Dodge Caravan GT our of a reserved spot (1 of probably 4 cars in reserved slots). My brother-in-law with no status reserved a LCAR ended up with a 4 door Jeep.

The traverse had no keys and the other was occupied.
Old Jan 20, 2020, 8:06 am

Programs: National Emerald Aisle
Renting from a FFAR class in FLL. What kind of cars could I expect?

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Jan 21, 2020 at 5:05 am Reason: moved into dedicated thread for this location
Old Jan 24, 2020, 8:00 pm

Programs: Amtrak Select Plus, Marriott Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond
Terrible 5* choices for an evening arrival last week. All minivans, large SUVs, and pickup trucks. Two of us approached the manager at the same time. I ended up with a Camaro reluctantly (had booked midsize). Not sure what the other guy got. He was standard Gold, so they gave me priority.
Old Mar 4, 2020, 12:01 am

Lots of expensive upgrades available Monday morning: Hendrick Camaro SS, Corvette, BMW M4, BMW 7 Series, Mercedes C63 AMG, all for $80-$100 per day. The regular upgrades, which are supposed to be a flat $25/day for PC members, varied in price and were mostly SUVs like the Cadillac XT6 and Range Rover Velar.

The regular PC and Five Star lot was mediocre. The only highlights were a Chevy Traverse High Country, a BMW X1, a nicely equipped Mazda CX-9, a couple Chrysler 300s, and a Dodge Challenger R/T Hemi with base cloth interior. Everything else was Impalas, barebones Hyundai/Kia SUVs, base trim Fusions, etc.
Old Mar 4, 2020, 7:58 pm

Impressive selection in PC and Five Star on Wednesday night.

Dodge Durango R/T Hemi
Camaro SS (door was locked, so maybe not actually available)
Mustang convertible
Jaguar XF
Buick Enclave Avenir
Chevy Traverse High Country
Ford Expedition XLT
Mazda CX-5
Ram 1500 Rebel
Ram 2500
Subaru Outback
Subaru Forester
GMC Terrain SLT
Chevy Tahoe
Kia Sedona
Chrysler Pacifica

Inexplicably, there was a Mazda CX-5 in the paid upgrades section.

Last edited by m907; Mar 5, 2020 at 12:34 am
Old Jun 6, 2020, 5:55 am

Programs: National Exec, Hertz PC, Avis PC, Sixt Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Wyndham Diamond, TR Diamond
Arrives 6/5. Only 10 or so reservations on the board. PC Lot was packed with a million mid sized type non-lux cars, nothing stood out at all. Did find a 2020 Traverse LT with 1100 miles on it towards the end.

The upgrade area was full of options like rovers but didn’t spend much time looking at them because I had the family.
Old Jun 22, 2021, 10:51 am

Any Data Points for UC at FLL in 2021?
Old Jun 27, 2021, 11:40 am

Originally Posted by blitzjdms14
Any Data Points for UC at FLL in 2021?
Wondering the same thing. I'll be there beginning of July and will report back.
Old Jul 21, 2021, 9:07 am

Originally Posted by UAFLYER22
Wondering the same thing. I'll be there beginning of July and will report back.
Any update?
Old Aug 5, 2021, 9:11 pm

Pick up on a Wednesday in July 2021 around 5 pm. PC had
- Mercedes GLC300 x1
- Infiniti Q50 x1
- Buick Encores old x2
- New Design 2021 Hyundai Elantra x1
- Nissan Kicks x1
- Jeep Compass x1
- Hyundai Venue x1

Hard decision between the Infiniti and Mercedes.
Auto Enthusiast and Ordpc like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.