FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hertz-gold-plus-rewards-423/)
-   -   Consolidated "Renting at DEN (DIA); What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hertz-gold-plus-rewards/1848827-consolidated-renting-den-dia-what-kind-cars-expect-thread.html)

quikshifter Sep 2, 2021 1:39 pm

Trying to book late sept but any date i choose says no cars available. Is the location closing?

pgh234 Sep 2, 2021 7:26 pm

Originally Posted by quikshifter (Post 33539165)
Trying to book late sept but any date i choose says no cars available. Is the location closing?

DEN Hertz regularly puts minimum on rentals of 3 to 4 days. I bet if you search for longer periods availability will pop up. If you are PC and log in before you search, availability should also pop up. In my experience, this minimum rental period will come and go.

aztimm Sep 3, 2021 2:52 pm

Originally Posted by quikshifter (Post 33539165)

After I saw your message, I tried to book at DEN for late September (various durations), and I'm getting the same error. Even when logged in with my company's CDP (which guarantees a mid-size at $30/day). I'm still getting that message today. There is definitely something going on....

I have a reservation at Hertz DEN next week, that I made a few weeks ago. I'll report back how things go.

KevinMD Sep 4, 2021 3:45 am

I will be there Oct 8-12 and have been checking and there is plenty of availability at that time. Have my reservation with National currently.

noah Sep 8, 2021 7:34 am

Originally Posted by KevinMD (Post 33542642)
I will be there Oct 8-12 and have been checking and there is plenty of availability at that time. Have my reservation with National currently.

When I was there last weekend, National had a far, far preferable inventory. Walked away with a full size SUV on a midsize car reservation, Hertz would only give me a car.

aztimm Sep 14, 2021 6:38 pm

I had a reservation to pick up at 7pm last Friday (Sep 10) and return on Monday (Sep 13). The shuttle from the airport was PACKED! It seemed like half of us exited at the gold service area. My name said, "Pres Circle," which I was surprised at--until I realized that there weren't any other vehicles to be seen. There were maybe 6 vehicles in the Pres Circle area (all cheap small SUVs) and at least 8 groups needing vehicles.
I ended up with a well-used Buick Encore. I have no idea what happened to the people who didn't get vehicles.

KevinMD Sep 24, 2021 4:23 am

I am now getting the no cars available for my dates 10/9-10/12, even when logged in with PC status.

Bugatti Veyron Oct 28, 2021 9:16 pm

Been at this airport two times this month since mid October both times after 11 pm. I can't complain about the selection. The following vehicles were seen in PC:
First visit:
x1 BMW X1 2020 xdrive
x3 Toyota Sequoia AWD
x1 QX80 AWD
x1 2019 Cadillac CTS
x1 Ford Bronco Sport
x1 Mustang V8
x1 GMC Acadia
x1 Buick Enclave
x1 Honda CRV

Second visit:
x1 Mercedes A220
x1 Camaro V6
x1 GMC Acadia
x1 2019 Lincoln MKC
x1 Dodge Challenger V6
x1 Dodge Durango GT V6 AWD (40k+ miles)
x1 Cadillac XT5
x1 Nissan Armada
x1 Mazda CX9 AWD
x1 QX50 2020
x1 QX80
x1 RAM 1500 Classic (they still making these for fleets ?)

And Of course the usual equinox and sorento sprinkled in PC.

m907 Oct 29, 2021 7:41 am

Originally Posted by Bugatti Veyron (Post 33684158)
x1 RAM 1500 Classic (they still making these for fleets ?)

Yes, they still make it. I think you can even buy it at retail. Hertz does have a smattering of the new 1500 though.

skislc Dec 20, 2021 3:42 pm

Any recent experiences w/PC here now that we're getting into ski season? In the past it's been a gamble to expect something w/AWD in PC, but given that the fleet seems to be more SUV heavy recently, wondering if that's changed. Coming in next week w/a FCAR reservation and hoping for something more mountain ready, have a backup res for an SUV but it's twice as expensive so would love to not have to use it.

Rare Dec 26, 2021 12:37 pm

Originally Posted by skislc (Post 33829991)
Any recent experiences w/PC here now that we're getting into ski season? In the past it's been a gamble to expect something w/AWD in PC, but given that the fleet seems to be more SUV heavy recently, wondering if that's changed. Coming in next week w/a FCAR reservation and hoping for something more mountain ready, have a backup res for an SUV but it's twice as expensive so would love to not have to use it.

We arrived last Thursday night, Dec 23. In the Gold, 5 Star, and PC aisles were row upon row of SUVs. I think I could have counted the number of car-shaped cars on one hand. We weren’t planning to go up into the mountains, so I wasn’t looking specifically for AWD and didn’t count how many had it, but did notice some in both the PC and 5 Star aisles. I had reserved a midsize (as usual) and chose a Tucson with AWD.

skislc Dec 29, 2021 5:40 pm

Originally Posted by Rare (Post 33844632)
We arrived last Thursday night, Dec 23. In the Gold, 5 Star, and PC aisles were row upon row of SUVs. I think I could have counted the number of car-shaped cars on one hand. We weren’t planning to go up into the mountains, so I wasn’t looking specifically for AWD and didn’t count how many had it, but did notice some in both the PC and 5 Star aisles. I had reserved a midsize (as usual) and chose a Tucson with AWD.

Ended up being an almost identical situation yesterday. Grabbed a 2021 Mazda CX-9 (16k on the clock) with AWD and decent tires from PC. From what I could tell there were a few AWD SUV options available even in Gold, though I didn't check those tires. If you're heading to the mountains, be aware of what you're looking at/picking; I'd say only about half of the SUVs had AWD and of those another half had tires that I wouldn't trust in any sort of snow.

ckx2 Feb 3, 2022 3:22 am

Any update now that Ski season is in full motion?

pregabalin Mar 16, 2022 7:49 pm

Was there two weeks ago and arrived around 10am. There was an excellent selection of SUVs for skiing in the PC section; many with ski roof racks. Interesting cars included Toyota Venza limited with 400 miles which I took, Infiniti QX50, Cadillac XTS, Mazda CX-9. There was a brand new Bronco, but it was locked. The Venza was surprisingly nice inside and got great MPG.

doglynx Mar 16, 2022 8:38 pm

Originally Posted by pregabalin (Post 34082183)
Was there two weeks ago and arrived around 10am. There was an excellent selection of SUVs for skiing in the PC section; many with ski roof racks. Interesting cars included Toyota Venza limited with 400 miles which I took, Infiniti QX50, Cadillac XTS, Mazda CX-9. There was a brand new Bronco, but it was locked. The Venza was surprisingly nice inside and got great MPG.

Hertz took delivery from Toyota recently, got almost all kinds of models that’s why there’s a Venza.

Was it a bronco bronco or bronco sport?