Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Renting at ORD; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2016, 3:01 pm
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC

Picked up a car from ORD on Tuesday around 10:30 AM, my first Ultimate Choice experience ... the President's Circle area had about 25 vehicles or so ranging from midsize up to bigger SUV (Pathfinder and such) as well as a GMC Yukon, 2 Infiniti QX60, 2 Infiniti QX80, and a Mercedes C-class sedan that someone else was already in. I took a QX80 after finding the QX60 I checked did not have built-in navigation.
Old Nov 3, 2016, 9:38 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by GentleGiant
Buy how do you know how much extra you have to pay?
I did not look at the upgrade section, the cars I listed were all in the Presidents Circle lot (which is quite separate at ORD, you go up the escalator and it's the only thing up there), the QX80 cost me the $33.30 per day (plus taxes and fees) I had reserved a midsize for.
Old Nov 10, 2016, 4:50 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, B6 Mosaic, Hertz President's
Like it was mentioned above, I had a great experience at ORD. The name board is still there, but instead of a bay assignment, it shows your area (PClub, 5 Star, Gold). PClub is upstairs and you can take any car you want. I walked around checking things out, there was a good variety. I ended up taking a brand new 2017 Maxima which was awesome. Hopefully this is a sign of things to come!
Old Nov 29, 2016, 2:13 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rapiddave
She also said I could choose any car in the President's Circle section as long as it didn't have navigation. Is there an added fee for choosing a car with XM as well?
The one time I used this at ORD I specifically took a car with (factory) navigation (and it had XM too), no additional charge. Now if they had a door hanger alerting you it has Neverlost and it will be extra (which I think they've done in the Choice section in the past), that would be fair, but to me if it's in the PC lot with no warning it will be more for Navigation, then that would be BS to charge more.
Old Jan 1, 2017, 8:13 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec
Missed out on my first chance to try Ultimate Choice last week at ORD. Silvercar was $7/day (all-in) more than a Midsize reservation from Hertz, so it wasn't a tough choice.
Old May 27, 2017, 11:44 am

Programs: UA Plat, Hertz PC, National EE, Hilton Diamond
ORD at about 0730 on Thursday morning was interesting... PC section was full of Hyundai/Nissan econoboxes and minivans. Stuck around for 20 minutes or so, an Escalade, MB GLE350, and a couple of CTS's showed up. Took the GLE350.
Old May 29, 2017, 2:24 pm

Programs: American Airlines
Hertz Prestige Collection ORD

When I made my reservation in Chicago a month ago
I reserved a Mercedes GL450. At the time it said reserve this exact model
when i checked my reservation it now says Gl450 or similar. Wonder what they think a comparable model would be. Im considering going back to the AMG C63 considering its under the reserve this exact model.
Old Jun 4, 2017, 6:35 am

At ORD yesterday, PC area was pretty well stocked, five or six Cadillac XTS, number of Q50s and QX30s, two Land Rover Discoveries, and a bunch of Kia/Hyundai SUVs. Took one of the Discoveries.
Old Jun 4, 2017, 12:51 pm

Programs: National EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by cestmoi123
At ORD yesterday, PC area was pretty well stocked, five or six Cadillac XTS, number of Q50s and QX30s, two Land Rover Discoveries, and a bunch of Kia/Hyundai SUVs. Took one of the Discoveries.
What time were you there at? I was there at 7AM. Didn't see any Land Rovers, but there was a Mercedes GLA and CLA.

I took the CLA. Brand new 2018 model and it only had 7 miles on the odo.
Old Jun 4, 2017, 3:39 pm

Originally Posted by jim32190
What time were you there at? I was there at 7AM. Didn't see any Land Rovers, but there was a Mercedes GLA and CLA.

I took the CLA. Brand new 2018 model and it only had 7 miles on the odo.
Was there mid afternoon. Didn't see any MBs when I was there.
Old Jun 8, 2017, 2:38 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, Marriott LT Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Platinum Pro, AS MVP Gold
Hi all, i'm planning to reserve a car at ORD airport (which has Hertz Ultimate Choice). I'm a Hertz President's Circle member.

My options are to book:

Intermediate (ICAR)
Full-Size (FCAR)
Premium (PCAR)

As I understand that PC members are only allowed to upgrade to FCAR. I'm looking to see if I can score an Infiniti or Volvo S60 (no Chevy Impala please). Do I need to book in PCAR category? Or are ICAR or FCAR is enough to get me into the Ultimate Choice section? How does Ultimate Choice section work? All PC members just pick a car from there?

I'm being more cautious as this is a long rental so a little more $ involved.

Thanks!
Old Jun 8, 2017, 4:13 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
This would have been better asked in the following thread; please see the wikipost that covers your question.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hertz...te-choice.html
Old Jun 12, 2017, 6:17 pm

Programs: National EE, Hertz PC
O'Hare ORD again this past weekend (Saturday morning) and the PC lot had a plethora of Q50's, Cadillac XTS, and some SUV's (in addition to the odd Full size). I saw an Infiniti QX30 and was about to take it, until I noticed a shiny black Q60.

Took the Q60. It was disheartening to have to give it back.
Old Jun 12, 2017, 6:24 pm

Originally Posted by jim32190
O'Hare ORD again this past weekend (Saturday morning) and the PC lot had a plethora of Q50's, Cadillac XTS, and some SUV's (in addition to the odd Full size). I saw an Infiniti QX30 and was about to take it, until I noticed a shiny black Q60.

Took the Q60. It was disheartening to have to give it back.
The QX30 is very nice inside, and good to drive, but it's surprisingly small. Notably less storage space than a Camry or Altima.
Old Sep 10, 2017, 10:08 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
At ORD. Nothing to write home about. PC had couple of Fusion Hybrids, Rogues, Escapes, a pickup, a Sonata, Malibus and one 300.

2/2 with ultimate choice as PC. Not really better than National.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.