Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Renting at PHL; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Renting at PHL; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2018, 3:21 am
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
I'll merge this question with the consolidated PHL airport thread.

Thanks
Jason8612 Hertz mod
Old Jan 21, 2019, 9:59 am

Programs: UA Silver
I'm a gold member renting a full size from PHL Wednesday morning... looking like the weather may be iffy. any chance I'll be able to get something with 4wd/awd from the UC area?

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Jan 25, 2019 at 5:39 pm Reason: removed bump
Old Jan 29, 2019, 7:39 pm

Programs: UA Silver
in case anyone was curious, there were very, very few cars to choose from in the ultimate choice area when i arrived at 5am last wednesday. i ended up with a buick encore w/ no 4wd, but that was one of literally only four cars available in the gold and 5 star areas.
Joonydell likes this.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 9:00 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold, SPG/Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Rented from Hertz PHL on 6/2.
President's Circle was choose your color Chevrolet Impala, Chrysler 300, and Jeep Grand Cherokee. Other choices included a 2020 Kia Soul, a Toyota Avalon with 23k miles on the odometer, a base GMC Acadia, a loaded GMC Terrain, and a base Chevrolet Equinox.

I took the lowest mileage Jeep Grand Cherokee I could find and drove off. It had 460 miles on the odometer and was a mid-level Altitude Edition car with 4WD and no driver assist features.
Old Aug 5, 2020, 10:42 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, WN A-List Preferred, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz President's Circle
Rented from PHL 8/2-8/5. Waited - no exaggeration - 32 minutes for the shuttle bus. There were at least 15 people standing around waiting as well (it would have been 40 were these normal traveling times).
Get to the lot and PC literally has ONE car, a Ford Edge, which the guy who hopped off ahead of me took. I checked out the four cars in Five Star -all low level Kias and one Hyundai with 40k miles on it. Figured I'd wait a few minutes and about 10 minutes later, a Hertz rep pulled in a just-washed Impala with 29k miles on it. But I took it because, well, what other choice did I have other than a Nissan Versa? Of course, about two minutes after I set up my bluetooth and Android Auto for Sirius, up pulled a little Range Rover. That was the only car available when I pulled away (and this was at 1:30 p.m. on a Sunday).
I can deal with the lack of vehicles, but the shuttle bus situation there has always been awful and now, with the bankruptcy, furloughs, etc., it's unbearable (while waiting for the Hertz bus, I counted three rounds of buses from Avis and Alamo/National and two from Budget).
Auto Enthusiast and Ordpc like this.
Old Aug 6, 2020, 2:04 am

While it's only one data point, I picked up from PHL a few nights ago. Had a K reserved, got a K - a lightly equipped BMW 530i, but in *really* rough shape.

The lot seemed decently full, but not of anything particularly special or desireable.
Ordpc likes this.
Old Oct 6, 2020, 6:55 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Walked on over from the United terminal at around 7 PM this evening, went straight to PC and there weren’t that many cars one minivan no SUVs, no crossovers. So a guy in Hertz shirt walked by, I asked for some help and said a PC do you have any type of small/medium SUV. He says I’ll come back to you I’m working with someone now so as he turns the corner a Hertz employee with a 2020 Range Rover Evoque, White 7500 miles pulls up and parks in front of me!!

Well she still in the car I went to open the rear door and put my roller board in the car she goes excuse me I have to do my work, I said oh I’m sorry she gets out wipes down the front windshield and the driver and passenger windows, And said OK you can enter now. And she puts her Hertz gold seal on the drivers door before I open it. For two week rental, I am quite pleased.
CMK10 and Ordpc like this.
Old Jan 13, 2021, 5:30 pm

Anyone pickup a car here recently? I have a reservation as a Platinum on Friday for an SUV. Wondering if they have any Range Rover or BMWs on the lot.
Old Jan 13, 2021, 6:14 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by Phl06
Anyone pickup a car here recently? I have a reservation as a Platinum on Friday for an SUV. Wondering if they have any Range Rover or BMWs on the lot.
See my post number 22 above
Old Apr 8, 2021, 11:50 am

In another thread it was mentioned that PHL got new altima/rogue. Today there's not any new rogue on site, but did have a lot of new santa fe (PC only), sonata and one or two k5. Altimas still here. There were also two new yukon denali in reserved. And one cx-9 in carwash, cx-30 in return, which can be assumed also be new deliveries. Again they put a mustang in gold:ar! and 5 star completely empty
Ordpc likes this.
Old Apr 24, 2021, 11:43 am

Today's PC and gold plagued by the last gen Rogue as usual like most Saturdays, made me wonder where did they suddenly get all these SL trim last gen in Florida plates since earlier this year

Correction: very likely from some dealership's retired lease. That explained all the 2018 ones came, in SL trim that hertz never bought, with only 30k something miles on clock, despite FL plates the own area is 01897, and most importantly I found a service receipt from the last owner from last year in the glove box lmao, serviced in NJ so makes so much damn sense now. This company is really trying something new low everyday👎
Auto Enthusiast, Ordpc and glostix like this.

Last edited by corolla; Apr 24, 2021 at 1:17 pm
Old Jun 15, 2021, 1:48 pm

Programs: AAdvantage / Hertz Five Star
Happy to have found this forum. I am a former Hertz employee (Florida HLE locations) and I am flying into Philadelphia from MCO for July 4th weekend. It is understandable about the fleet availability issues, but it is also encouraging to see that new inventory is now trickling back in the fleet. I was afraid they were going to have to rely on old inventory for longer than they have.

I will report their availability when I arrive on the 2nd. I am Five Star (close to PC) and I am not that hard to please - just hoping for no old Hyundais or Nissans!
Old Jun 15, 2021, 2:32 pm

Originally Posted by refreshingcoke
Happy to have found this forum. I am a former Hertz employee (Florida HLE locations) and I am flying into Philadelphia from MCO for July 4th weekend. It is understandable about the fleet availability issues, but it is also encouraging to see that new inventory is now trickling back in the fleet. I was afraid they were going to have to rely on old inventory for longer than they have.

I will report their availability when I arrive on the 2nd. I am Five Star (close to PC) and I am not that hard to please - just hoping for no old Hyundais or Nissans!
Based on my recent experiences here, PC and five star basically have the same quality, just PC usually have more cars in it. Gold will have similar Q4/L in it but might more likely to get other C/B4B5s. They also like to put mustang in gold (I’ve even see one Camaro SS in gold once)
refreshingcoke likes this.
Old Jun 15, 2021, 3:11 pm

Pro tip for PHL. If you’re coming in on United or at that terminal just exit through baggage claim and walk through the parking lot across the way, and you will see Hertz very quickly (just walk in through the exit gate and you’re at PC).

Much much faster than taking the bus. I was taking the bus for years until I figure this out!
Old Jun 15, 2021, 3:27 pm

Programs: AAdvantage / Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by Flying Machine
Pro tip for PHL. If you’re coming in on United or at that terminal just exit through baggage claim and walk through the parking lot across the way, and you will see Hertz very quickly (just walk in through the exit gate and you’re at PC).

Much much faster than taking the bus. I was taking the bus for years until I figure this out!
I recall the shuttle busses being an issue last time I was in Philadelphia (June 2019). I must of saw four or five National shuttles as well as several Alamo and Enterprise shuttles before I saw a Hertz one. Twenty minute wait in the hot late June sun - and I wasn't alone that time. Must be part of the Philly Hertz experience

I'm flying in on American. I'll mention the shuttle wait on the post next month.
Auto Enthusiast and Ordpc like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.