Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Length of status

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2017, 12:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA something, Luftwaffe SEN, CX Gold, Pilsbury Doughboy Fanclub, and lots of Amex cards
Length of status

Hello.

Quick Q: how long does hertz status last?

I have been gold 5 star for years, by virtue of my UK Amex Plat.
In July 2016, I received a status match to Presidents circle and was expecting this to remain until the end of 2017.
This is taken from the Hertz site:

"Members will keep their tier status until the end of the following year. For example, members who earn their tier in June 2015 will retain their tier until the end of 2016."

Logged in today to make a reservation and am now back at five star, I assume this drop happened on Jan 1st as I had a rental in late Dec and was still PC.

Before I fire off an email, is this an error, or correct?

Last edited by leaveamessage; Jan 10, 2017 at 9:13 am
Old Jan 6, 2017, 9:52 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
But you didn't earn it. Did you do 20 rentals or $4000 US in 2016?

Hertz uses the calendar year for the end of your status (December 31). It would never end in the middle of the year.

Still worth an email to them if that is still a benefit this year from Accor Platinum.
Old Jan 10, 2017, 9:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA something, Luftwaffe SEN, CX Gold, Pilsbury Doughboy Fanclub, and lots of Amex cards
Email sent, and downgrade was confirmed to be a system error, which has now been corrected.
Old Jan 11, 2017, 2:12 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, BA Silver
This same thing happened to me, recently downgraded to five star based on accor status match back in July. Ill email them now.
Old Jan 7, 2020, 10:16 am

When does status drop off? I was expecting my status to drop off on January 1st because I didn't hit the PC renewal requirements threshold by Dec 31st but the website and app says my 2020 status is President's Circle.
Old Feb 27, 2022, 12:51 pm

Anyone know if Hertz changed the terms on this? Can't find a mention of status duration on PC terms page now. We reached the spending criteria to reach PC (>$3000) at the end of 2021 with our last charge happening on 12/31/21. And we still show only 5 star status. So by reaching the threshold did we really only have PC for the 12 hours remaining in the calendar year, then get booted back to 5 star? One customer service call so far seems to indicate that's how it works. I think I might try again, see if I get a different answer..

Last edited by freebisquit; Feb 27, 2022 at 9:49 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.