Wiki Posts
Search

Change in VISA hold policy?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2016, 9:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, F9 100k, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat
Change in VISA hold policy?

Just had a rental on a VISA CC where they authorized $200 + the amount of the rental. Anyone else notice VISA also has the $200 hold now?
Old Sep 16, 2016, 5:56 pm

Yes, same experience last week. At the completion of the rental they re-authorized the rental amount again.

I guess the manager must've been fresh out of Hertz school, he asked me "is this a credit card?" while holding my Visa Signature
Old Sep 17, 2016, 12:19 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by canyoncar
I guess the manager must've been fresh out of Hertz school, he asked me "is this a credit card?" while holding my Visa Signature
Internationally there are a number of banks that issue Visa Signature debit cards. That said, I'm not aware of any in the US that do...
Old Sep 17, 2016, 3:36 pm

Originally Posted by docbert
Internationally there are a number of banks that issue Visa Signature debit cards. That said, I'm not aware of any in the US that do...
Interesting, I didn't know that.

He was definitely new though. He asked me about my car insurance company since I'm under 25, tried to sell me the CDW very hard, filled out the damage inspection form for no damage, the whole nine yards. Never thought I'd have to go through so much to rent a Ford Focus! At Avis it's just here's your keys, see ya
Old Sep 20, 2016, 10:09 pm

Used my Visa Debit card (in my Gold Profile) on 9/14, 9/16 and 9/17 from 3 different locations and there was no additional hold. I'm just a lowly 5 star. One of the rentals was a GPR redemption.

Also, confirmed with a friend that works at Hertz that there has been no change to the official policy according to the policies on the Hertz intranet.
Old Sep 21, 2016, 7:59 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec
Originally Posted by Ummmwhat
Used my Visa Debit card (in my Gold Profile) on 9/14, 9/16 and 9/17 from 3 different locations and there was no additional hold. I'm just a lowly 5 star. One of the rentals was a GPR redemption.

Also, confirmed with a friend that works at Hertz that there has been no change to the official policy according to the policies on the Hertz intranet.
I'm curious - why use a debit card rather than a credit card?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.