Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Does Hertz do a status or points challenge?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2016, 8:25 am
Original Poster

I just moved and I had a budget rental less than a mile from my house. I probably rented 50 times a year from them. Now I live near a Hertz and I have no status with them. If I demonstrated my frequency of rental, would Hertz give me a higher rental status up front?
Old Sep 15, 2016, 10:57 am

Programs: I want to be free! Free!
Don't bother - status is useless.
Old Sep 15, 2016, 11:19 am

Originally Posted by aCavalierInCoach
Don't bother - status is useless.
Just to second that, you get a few more points, but nothing else. I've had Five Star and/or Presidents Circle for years and never received any more or better upgrades than with competition where I have no status.
Old Sep 15, 2016, 2:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Big4Flyer
Just to second that, you get a few more points, but nothing else. I've had Five Star and/or Presidents Circle for years and never received any more or better upgrades than with competition where I have no status.
Third that. Hertz status is pretty useless. OTOH, Hertz gives our 5* and PC like candies. Check around your airlines frequent flyer programs or credit cards; some of them may come with free Hertz 5* or PC status.
Old Sep 15, 2016, 9:11 pm

Fourth. Rented 70 times in 2014, 48 times in 2015. The only perks I received were from personally knowing every one in my HLE branch. Don't bother.
Old Sep 20, 2016, 1:28 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, SPG Plat, UA GS
Fifth. Not once have I gotten an upgrade as a PC (25 rentals & 100 days YTD).
Old Sep 20, 2016, 2:11 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Carlson Gold, CM Presidential / *A Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by esquesk
Fifth. Not once have I gotten an upgrade as a PC (25 rentals & 100 days YTD).
What car type are you renting?
Old Sep 20, 2016, 11:33 pm

Originally Posted by pmarrsouth
What car type are you renting?
Standards. I know I'm entitled to upgrades but they always say they're not available. And then I see 30 Full Sizes in the parking lot.
Old Sep 21, 2016, 10:40 am

Programs: Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Carlson Gold, CM Presidential / *A Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by esquesk
Standards. I know I'm entitled to upgrades but they always say they're not available. And then I see 30 Full Sizes in the parking lot.
If its a guaranteed benefit (which I believe they say it is), then a complaint each time to Hertz may get you free points/rentals/etc. Seems like you are freerolling and if a bunch of people being to complain each time (twitter works great too) then Hertz will either make location give the upgrade without hassle, or remove the "guarantee" part of the benefit and word it like 5*
Old Sep 21, 2016, 12:22 pm

Originally Posted by pmarrsouth
If its a guaranteed benefit (which I believe they say it is), then a complaint each time to Hertz may get you free points/rentals/etc. Seems like you are freerolling and if a bunch of people being to complain each time (twitter works great too) then Hertz will either make location give the upgrade without hassle, or remove the "guarantee" part of the benefit and word it like 5*
I rent weekly from EWR and have submitted plenty of complaints and tweets, always getting the standard corporate language on twitter and silence via e-mail.

At this point, I feel lucky if I get a pre-assigned car as I've waited an average of 45 minutes at the gold desk the past 3 mondays to get my Yaris or Minivan while there are hundreds of cars sitting in the lot.

Maybe better luck at HLE's but the airport locations don't give a :-: about status.
Old Sep 24, 2016, 8:53 am

Sixth. Been PC for as long as it's been around. Used to get really nice upgrades from Full Size to, well, just about anything they had. Jaguar, Mercedes, Volvo S80. Now it's the old sublcass upgrade, since when is a Ford Taurus an upgrade form Full Size. And I'm not sure if it's me but in all but two rentals in the last 3 months my stall has been as far away as possible. Twice it was literally the last possible stall there was. When they don't even have President Circle stalls anymore you know it isn't worth the effort because they're not differentiating. If there's too many of us then make it more difficult to attain and make it worth while.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.