Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No ZE1 at Columbus Airport?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2004, 9:50 am

Found this same error for MFE location. Had to put this rental towards US miles instead of Hertz.
Old Dec 1, 2004, 11:29 am

Programs: Used to be elite in UA, SPG and Hertz...now I'm just a regular guy
Is there a handy list anywhere of locations that are franchisees (or those that aren't)? I sometimes rent from out of the way places and would be curious before I depart on these excursions if I'm renting from a franchisee.
Old Dec 1, 2004, 2:38 pm

Originally Posted by raisin
Is there a handy list anywhere of locations that are franchisees (or those that aren't)? I sometimes rent from out of the way places and would be curious before I depart on these excursions if I'm renting from a franchisee.

This info will show up while making a reservation on the right hand side of the page under "Your Reservation So Far". It will say "Location Type" and "Corporate" or "Independent Licensee".
Old Dec 2, 2004, 11:40 am

CMH also doesn't participate in the guaranteed availability program for PC members. On the flip side, they have tons of VW cars at CMH, if you're into sporty German wheels. I was told the owner of that Hertz location is also a VW dealer...
Old Dec 10, 2004, 6:10 am

Programs: Delta Platinum;Delta 2MM;Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite;Hertz 5*
I hate renting Hertz cars at Columbus OH. Every time they do something out of the Hertz norm and are quick to tell you that they are NOT company owned and can do pretty muck what they want to. Frankly I have about had it with these rebels there.
Old Dec 13, 2004, 2:43 am

The Hertz locations at Lansing, Flint (and maybe Kalamazoo) Michigan are franchises and don't take coupons. Should I assume they don't award ZE1 points either?
Old Dec 14, 2004, 5:59 pm

Originally Posted by DJMeatBall
The Hertz locations at Lansing, Flint (and maybe Kalamazoo) Michigan are franchises and don't take coupons. Should I assume they don't award ZE1 points either?
I know AZO is a franchise that doesn't take coupons or award ZE1 points and is best avoided.

Also, add TVC to the list of Michigan Hertz independents.
Old Dec 21, 2004, 9:59 am

Programs: 1MM UA
I couldn't get ZE! points for a June rental in Paris (France.) Adding to the
frustration a little bit, I actually asked if I would get my points during the rental and was told yes. When I didn't get them, and I complained, I was told they weren't offered but I could get miles, which I did.

The lesson of this experience, and this thread, is that the ZE1 program has changed categories. I used to think of it as one more thing not to worry about. Now it is one more thing to worry about. I don't know if the
"non-participating" category is 4 locations out of 6000, or 40, or 400, or 1000.
No-one on this thread has offered an informed guess.

The added uncertainty is more frustrating than the missing points. IMHO, this
is how a "loyalty" program can turn into a "disloyalty" program.
Old Dec 22, 2004, 12:10 am

ZE1 points are only earnable in the USA. International rentals don't count.

I picked up my latest Hertz rental in FNT a couple days ago and this franchise location (the same francise company that owns LAN and TVC) insists they award ZE1 points, even though they continue to not accept coupons. I'm skeptical, but when I turn the car in I guess we'll see!
Old Dec 22, 2004, 12:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by SealBeach
CMH also doesn't participate in the guaranteed availability program for PC members. On the flip side, they have tons of VW cars at CMH, if you're into sporty German wheels. I was told the owner of that Hertz location is also a VW dealer...
Byers Automotive is the franchisee and also has VW, Subaru, Jaguar, Volvo, Chevrolet, Chrysler, Toyota, Cadillac, Audi, Porsche, and Mazda new car dealerships in the central Ohio area.
Old Dec 23, 2004, 9:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DJMeatBall
ZE1 points are only earnable in the USA. International rentals don't count.
And apparently since my ZE1 number is permanentaly hard-coded into my profile, I can't even reserve International car rentals online -- I get an error saying ZE1 Invalid or something! (I guess I could call and get the ZE1 removed...)
Old Jan 8, 2005, 8:34 am

Oops

Please delete.
Old Jan 10, 2005, 8:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by misty1tk
I hate renting Hertz cars at Columbus OH. Every time they do something out of the Hertz norm and are quick to tell you that they are NOT company owned and can do pretty muck what they want to. Frankly I have about had it with these rebels there.
About 10 years ago, HERTZ in CMH didn't honor my corporate contract. They had an extremely nasty attitude about it. I called Hertz and they said that there was nothing they could do.

I never again have rented from Hertz in CMH. There are other car rental firms in CMH with perfectly good employees.
Old Jan 17, 2005, 8:04 am

Programs: AA- EXP 3mm, Marriott Titanium(Lifetime), *wood Plat, Hertz Pres. Circle, *bucks Gold, Joan Ranger
Agreed on the poor attitude at CMH! I still use these jokers since its the easiest w/ #1 Gold.

-Usually have to ask for the upgrade.
-No "can do" attitude that Hertz is known for.
-Cars are usually run a little on the ragged side

I wish Hertz corp. would see these postings on FlyerTalk or put some pressure on this location. Its just bad for Hertz' image.

Wtip
Old Jan 19, 2005, 11:43 am

My company used to rent from National but then they p*ssed off the wrong person at the top and we have been with Hertz ever since. BTW we are a a 5 billion dollar company. National lost a lot of money!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.