Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GM Cars

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2003, 9:17 am
Original Poster

GM Cars

I got a Malibu this week from IAH, but it had only 1,200 miles. The agent said that they will be getting lots of GM cars over the next few months.

They also said that they will not be getting the new '04 Maxima because of the increased cost of the vehicles.
Old Oct 15, 2003, 9:30 am

The new 2004 Malibu? Seems to be a pretty decent car. I hope the agent meant those as opposed to Cavaliers, Grand Ams, and Impalas...

[This message has been edited by monahos (edited 10-15-2003).]
Old Oct 15, 2003, 9:32 am

Programs: UA 3.6 MM, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Don't we wish!! I got stuck with a grand am in SFO! I figured they borrowed it from Avis Why me??

Doesn't it say "Hertz rents FORDS and other fine cars?"

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by monahos:
The new 2004 Malibu? Seems to be a pretty decent car. I hope the agent meant those as opposed to Cavaliers, Grand Ams, and Impalas...

</font>
Old Oct 15, 2003, 12:54 pm
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by monahos:

</font>
no, it was an '03. It's a decent car, but I just don't like GM products.
Old Oct 15, 2003, 1:34 pm
das

Programs: UA 1K, AA Gold
I know Hertz has the '04 Chevy Classics (equivalent to the '03 Malibus) - they are only being sold to rental fleets.

For those who aren't GM fans, avoid Hertz in OGG. ALmost all their full sizes are Buick Century - no Taurus was available when I was there in August, and they also don't carry the Camry or Maxima. I also think it's a similar issue in Kona.
Old Oct 15, 2003, 2:37 pm
Suspended

In YYZ they have a mix of GM, Ford and Toyota - alot of Toyota cars. If you put in a nice request they will usually accomodate you.

Except this past weekend when I needed a station wagon and got a Jaguar

------------------
Friends don't let friends fly Air Canada.
Old Oct 15, 2003, 3:40 pm
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by das:
I know Hertz has the '04 Chevy Classics (equivalent to the '03 Malibus) - they are only being sold to rental fleets.</font>
I looked during lunch and it does appear to be an '04 Classic.
Old Oct 15, 2003, 5:38 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by NeoOfTheCRS:
Don't we wish!! I got stuck with a grand am in SFO! I figured they borrowed it from Avis Why me??

Doesn't it say "Hertz rents FORDS and other fine cars?"
</font>
Are you implying the Grand Am is not a fine car?

I once found a Grand Am in my #1 stall at SFO, too. Certainly not a welcome surprise in car-conscious northern California!
Old Oct 16, 2003, 12:31 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, Hilton, Hertz, Enterprise
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Tummy:
They also said that they will not be getting the new '04 Maxima because of the increased cost of the vehicles.</font>

My profile requests Maximas. We liked them so much that we bought one for my wife back in '02.

Glad I'm not travelling much anymore...Camry just doesn't cut it.

Old Oct 16, 2003, 2:59 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1MM AA PLT 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, and...Smiles Diamante
I'm curious -- does anyone on this board actually like GM cars? I certainly don't.

I understand that GMs may be economical cars for Hertz to deploy, but I wonder if they've ever surveyed people on what they like...I think they'd be hard pressed to find anyone who actually likes Malibus, Grand Ams, Cavaliers, and so on.

Old Oct 16, 2003, 3:46 pm

One of the reasons picked Hertz to be my main car rental choice was because they didn't rent GM cars.

My next rental is in Germany so I doubt I'll have a problem there.
Old Oct 16, 2003, 5:43 pm

Location: STL, MO-US and A , SWA A-List, Marriott LTTE, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
I wouldn't mind a Deville or Escalade.

Fat chance !
Old Oct 16, 2003, 9:34 pm
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by snorkmaster:
I'm curious -- does anyone on this board actually like GM cars? I certainly don't.

I understand that GMs may be economical cars for Hertz to deploy, but I wonder if they've ever surveyed people on what they like...I think they'd be hard pressed to find anyone who actually likes Malibus, Grand Ams, Cavaliers, and so on.

</font>
I don't want to sound like a snob, but what I don't understand is why people buy these cars for their daily drive. In my opinion, there are always better designed alternatives in the same price range, with often better resale value and safety results.
Old Oct 17, 2003, 7:58 am

Programs: DL DM, 1MM AA PLT 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, and...Smiles Diamante
Me neither. Do some people actually think that undulating red mess of a dashboard on a Grand Am is "sexy?" Or do they ease in to bench seat of a Buick Century and say "aaaah, this is living!!!"

I guess I am a snob about this. Perhaps we should draft and sign a "If we wanted GM cars, we'd use Avis" letter and send it to Hertz.

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Tummy:
I don't want to sound like a snob, but what I don't understand is why people buy these cars for their daily drive. In my opinion, there are always better designed alternatives in the same price range, with often better resale value and safety results. </font>

[This message has been edited by snorkmaster (edited 10-17-2003).]
Old Oct 18, 2003, 1:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN Platinum
I hate GM vehicles.

------------------
"If life doesn't offer a game worth playing, then invent a new one."
-Anthony J. D'Angelo

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.