Wiki Posts
Search

got a Sirius car

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2003, 8:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage, Hilton, Hertz, Enterprise
got a Sirius car

Got my first car equipped with Sirius in NY last week. It was very nice since I had to drive to Boston, but it fades out when you are driving thru the trees of Westchester county.

I listened to the comedy station all the way across CT and it was wonderful.

Too bad it was a Camry which has a crappy stereo system.

SteveH
Old Sep 17, 2003, 10:56 am

sounds like fun to have a all music radio wonder how long Hertz will pay the monthy acess ?
Old Sep 17, 2003, 4:09 pm
Original Member

Programs: Lifetime Platinum Marriott
Does anyone know how to request these cars.
I have had one, but I have a trip where it would actually be useful.
Old Sep 17, 2003, 5:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bar Alliance Gold
I assume you just ask during the reservation.
Old Sep 21, 2003, 4:45 pm

Programs: Whoever Has the Best Bonus
I got one in Vegas last weekend. Nice tough, don't know if I would pay extra for it, however.
Old Sep 21, 2003, 5:45 pm

Programs: Used to be elite in UA, SPG and Hertz...now I'm just a regular guy
I received a Sirius-equipped Taurus in St. Louis a couple weeks ago. I was going to try to get a different model until I saw the Sirius set up. So, I thought I'd give it a try. It wasn't bad, but it does fade out when you go under a long bridge, which can be annoying. Also, it didn't seem to have true stereo sound--the FM stations in the area came in normally, so I don't think it was a problem with the car's radio.

I agree with above posts that it's nice, but I don't think I'd pay $10/month for it.
Old Sep 22, 2003, 2:03 pm

Programs: AA Plat, BA, DL, Frontier, NWA, SWA, UA, HHonors Gold, Priority Club Plat, Choice Priv, BW, Diners
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by SEA_Tigger:
I assume you just ask during the reservation.</font>
I usually make my reservations online. I'd be wonderful if they'd add a checked for "Sirius requested" or such, but I just looked right now and I don't see any such thing on the website.

So do you have to CALL (what's that ?) to make a reservation if you want Sirius??

[This message has been edited by Stefan Daystrom (edited 09-22-2003).]
Old Sep 22, 2003, 7:37 pm
Suspended

What is sirius? Here I was happy to get an upgrade to a Mustang GT 5.0 today (sweet car, amazed no speeding tickets).

------------------
For a truly unique FT experience, surf over to the Air Canada forum, where employees control the content and dissension is not tolerated.
Old Sep 23, 2003, 10:08 am
Original Poster

Sirius = satellite radio. Worth it if you do a lot of driving in areas without much tree cover. But for my short commute the CD player still wins...

SteveH
Old Sep 23, 2003, 10:56 am

Location: Hotlanta, GA; Starwood Platinum; Delta Platinum Medallion
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by MapleLeaf:
What is sirius? Here I was happy to get an upgrade to a Mustang GT 5.0 today (sweet car, amazed no speeding tickets).

</font>
Ford has not put a 5.0 in the Mustang since 1995. My wife owns a 98 4.6L GT, and it is a pile of trash BESIDES the engine.

Are you telling me that Hertz rented out a V-8 Stang? Wow... I find that hard to believe. Why would they spend the extra pesos to get that?

Reminds me: my Budget rent-a-car card has a picture with a Saleen Mustang on it.... like Budget would actually rent one out!!
Old Sep 24, 2003, 7:20 am
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by MapleLeaf:

</font>
Are you sure it wasn't a Hertz employee's car?

Old Sep 25, 2003, 1:26 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Stefan Daystrom:
I usually make my reservations online. I'd be wonderful if they'd add a checked for "Sirius requested" or such, but I just looked right now and I don't see any such thing on the website.

So do you have to CALL (what's that ?) to make a reservation if you want Sirius??

</font>
No, you can use this link:
http://www2.hertz.com/interactiveres/htm/isdfindx.htm

to make reservations, request Sirius and in most cases get it confirmed as well
Old Sep 30, 2003, 9:35 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Hilton Diamond *Wood Gold, Hertz PC
Don't forget, if you request Sirus, you have to pay for it. I think that it's $4.00 a day.

If it's just "there" because that's all they have, it's free.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.