Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Hertz Points Expiring/Expired" Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 11, 2021, 10:20 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyinHawaiian
Excerpt of email sent in early January 2021 from Hertz Gold Plus Rewards (HertzGoldOffers[at]emails.hertz.com)

Hi [Member],
As a President’s Circle ® member, rent assured knowing we’re committed to going the extra mile to provide you a safer, faster, easier experience.

Important Reminder & Announcement
To thank you for your loyalty, we are delaying loyalty point expirations. Your points are now good through Dec. 31 (or longer if you’ve completed a rental in the last six months) and won’t expire as long as you rent or redeem at least once every 18 months. We’ve also extended your elite status until Jan. 31, 2022.

Print Wikipost

Consolidated "Hertz Points Expiring/Expired" Thread

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2015, 2:10 am

Originally Posted by thegrailer
I've been getting the same crap. Activity now means rental activity rather than points activity.

However, this is what it states right beneath my balance:

Am I mistaken to read this as any activity (apparently I am as per Hertz)

Cheers
I received today this reply from Hertz:

I have received your reply to my previous correspondence. Thank you for the opportunity to review this matter further.

The Hertz Gold Plus Reward Program is a revenue based loyalty program for Hertz Gold Plus Reward members. Participants will earn one point for every qualified U.S. dollar, or its equivalent in the currency tendered on each qualifying rental. The stipulations of the program are a directive of our management and I have reviewed your account with them.
Your E-Rewards are earned in other ways and then you have choose to transfer them over to your Hertz account. Since this transfer of E-Reward credit was not actually points earned by rental activity they are not qualifying as rental activity and points are expired.

so Hertz qualifies what activity is by 'stipulations.....of Management'
Old Nov 16, 2015, 8:48 pm

Programs: Nothing shiny :-(
I've had word for word the same response as JT51, having lost over 10,000 points. Are there any bodies to whom we could refer this as they are clearly not complying with their own rules which constitutes misleading advertising in my book.
Old Dec 10, 2015, 4:18 pm

Programs: AA Ex Plt
I'v been going back and forth with them for weeks via twitter and just noticed that the verbiage on the website has now changed to rental activity. I have screen shots and I am sure the wayback machine can help here too. Is this a CFPB item? (virtual currency "You can also submit a complaint about virtual currencies. Virtual currencies are a way to track, store, and send value over the Internet. They are also sometimes referred to as digital currencies or cryptocurrencies." Probably a stretch but it would get Hertz's attention).

Hertz caved - to some extent, still working on the correct amount of returned points. Screenshot verbiage available to share or look for the tweet @hertz.

Originally Posted by louie-m
I've had word for word the same response as JT51, having lost over 10,000 points. Are there any bodies to whom we could refer this as they are clearly not complying with their own rules which constitutes misleading advertising in my book.

Last edited by thegrailer; Dec 11, 2015 at 8:35 am
Old Jan 15, 2016, 6:22 pm

will transferring the points to my wife account avoid expiration? thanks
Old Feb 24, 2016, 11:06 am

Programs: AA-UA-AS IHG-SPG-Carlson
Originally Posted by sbbi
will transferring the points to my wife account avoid expiration? thanks
Ah... there is an idea !

I have 8000+ points all accrued
from E-Rewards over years,
and with these new rule details
I could lose half of them soon..

The rate to exchange into miles is stoopid,
looked to see if I could turn them
into Gift Cards or something,
but apparently miles are only option.

I guess renting a car for a day might be the best option.
Old May 21, 2016, 1:06 am

Hertz Points expiring - what can I do?

So here's the situation: 1500 Hertz Points will expire in June - which is pretty close...So I need a possibility to keep them active - is there any NOT involving renting a car?
Old May 21, 2016, 3:17 am

Signing up for the spring promo gets 25 bonus points. That should count as activity. (INCORRECT) http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hertz-gold-plus-rewards/1762873-hertz-spring-bonus-2016-a.html

Edit to add: it looks like this might not count. See discussion below. Apologies for the confusion.

Last edited by mrcheapskate; May 22, 2016 at 7:43 am
Old May 21, 2016, 6:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You need rental activity. Booking an award then cancel it later is the easiest way.@:-)

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hertz...xpiration.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hertz...ng-points.html
Old May 21, 2016, 9:28 am

Originally Posted by mrcheapskate
Signing up for the spring promo gets 25 bonus points. That should count as activity. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hertz...us-2016-a.html
Did that today morning - but the blogs say, activity other than renting does not count any longer....and wont prolong the Points Expiry Date...Is that correct?
Old May 23, 2016, 12:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
I sent an email to their customer service to find out when the points would expire. It took them about a week to get back to me, but it did get me a date.

If you did that, you might want to either write or call to see if your expiration date changed. If it did, then rewards activity also counts.
Old May 27, 2016, 4:30 am

Sent them an Email - we will see, fingers crossed!

Edit: They are so funny (not!)....wrote me back: "there Mr.be3, your balance is XXXX" - and i thought, well, yes, I DO KNOW my balance already...I wanted to know what date the points expire....so I wrote again..and got back, guess what? - right, EXACTELY the same mail as before, but this time printed in big letters as if i was stupid or they would yell at me...

well, thanks for nothing Hertz!

Last edited by blueeagle3; Jun 1, 2016 at 12:00 pm
Old Oct 13, 2016, 12:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Has anyone found out whether transferring the points to the wife's account resets the clock on either account, or not? I transferred points to her account last week, since she will be travelling without me later this month and needed some. Since she is renting a car with the points, I assume that she will be good for another 24 months anyway, but what if she was not doing so?

What I am trying to ask is -- suppose points on my account are about to expire. I transfer them to my wife's account. Will they expire a) on the original timetable based on 24 month after my last rental activity, or b) 24 months after my wife gets them, in the absence of any intervening rental activity on her part, or c) 24 months after her last rental activity, assuming that that is more than 24 months after she rceived them? Could points be moved back and forth every 24 months to keep all points active?
Old Nov 8, 2016, 10:43 am

Are there any rentals you might make in the next year (or how ever far out you can reserve)? My points were to expire in December but I was able to use them for a reservation in February (past expiration).
Old Feb 16, 2017, 5:41 pm

Programs: Cattle Class
I have one, probably stupid question.
last activity (transfer of the points to the airmiles) on my account I have is close to 24 months in the past. Just booked an award reservation which I am about to cancel.
Now my question, where can I find the expiration date of my points or how do I know if the award reservation/cancellation extends the expiation date?
Old Feb 17, 2017, 12:05 am

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
Originally Posted by Awtas
I have one, probably stupid question.
last activity (transfer of the points to the airmiles) on my account I have is close to 24 months in the past. Just booked an award reservation which I am about to cancel.
Now my question, where can I find the expiration date of my points or how do I know if the award reservation/cancellation extends the expiation date?
You can't find expiry dates. You can look up your last two years of transaction so go back and find the exact date manually.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.