Wiki Posts
Search

Hertz Locations Off LAX Airport

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2015, 1:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA CX DL KE OZ*G PR QF QR; SPG IHG MR HH
Hertz Locations Off LAX Airport

The rates to rent a car from LAX airport this coming holiday season are very high. Does anyone have experience taking the hotel shuttle to Marriott LAX, Hilton LAX or other airport hotels and renting from there? Is it generally allowed to get on the hotel shuttle for the purpose of just going to the Hertz desk there?
Old Dec 1, 2015, 6:35 am
Carlson Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz & Avis PC; National EE; SPG & Hilton Gold; AC 35K (yawn)
Never had a problem doing it.
Old Dec 1, 2015, 9:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The shuttles usually have signs saying they're for hotel guests only. I don't know to what extent this is enforced. We recently rented from the Marriott at LAX, but we were staying next door at the Four Points, and just walked over after taking the 4P shuttle from the terminal.
Old Dec 2, 2015, 8:29 am

I've ridden the shuttles probably a dozen times in the last three years (i usually park my car at the Hilton, Marriott, or Westin when i fly out of LAX), and I've never been asked to provide any kind of proof that I "belong" on the shuttle. They may ask you what hotel you're going to just to verify that you're on the right shuttle, but that's about it. You will have absolutely no problems taking the shuttle to a nearby hotel to rent a car.
Old Dec 2, 2015, 3:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by zhutch
...(i usually park my car at the Hilton, Marriott, or Westin when i fly out of LAX), and I've never been asked to provide any kind of proof that I "belong" on the shuttle...
Arguably, if you're paying to park at the hotel, or if you're paying for a Hertz rental car (where Hertz pays rent to the hotel), or if you're eating at the restaurant in the hotel, then I think you have a pretty good argument that you "belong" on the shuttle.

But still helpful to know proof is never required...
Old Dec 3, 2015, 11:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA CX DL KE OZ*G PR QF QR; SPG IHG MR HH
Thanks for the replies here! I reserved a car at the Hertz Hilton LAX and the confirmation note even includes a "hotel concession fee recovery". That means customers of Hertz at this location do "belong" on the hotel shuttle. At least am an indirect customer of the Hilton vs those who are just taking the hotel shuttle just to hail an UberX!
Old Dec 8, 2015, 5:15 pm

Never had a problem with the Marriott shuttle when meeting someone. Keep in mind that hotel locations have very small fleets so your vehicle choice will be limited.
Old Dec 10, 2015, 8:40 am

Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman
Never had a problem with the Marriott shuttle when meeting someone. Keep in mind that hotel locations have very small fleets so your vehicle choice will be limited.
but if they don't have a satisfactory car, you should be able to just pop over to the Hertz LAX location and switch it out.
Old Dec 13, 2015, 9:09 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
I've done this several times without issues, but a few things to keep in mind...

Allow extra time - the hotel buses run less frequently than the Hertz bus, and actually picking up the rental will be slower (especially at the Hilton due to their carpark)

Check for one-way fees if you want to return to the airport. They seem to have stopped them for now, but they were charging up to $40 despite the locations being only a few hundred meters apart!

Check the hours! Obviously they are not 24x7 like the airport location, but some of them (eg, Marriott) also close for lunch...

Last edited by docbert; Dec 14, 2015 at 7:33 pm Reason: Typo; now/not
Old Dec 14, 2015, 5:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by docbert
Check the hours! Obviously they are now 24x7 like the airport location, but some of them (eg, Marriott) also close for lunch...
And if the agent on duty has to go to the bathroom.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Sep 23, 2018, 3:45 pm

Does anyone know what happens if you need to return the car to the LAX Marriott Hertz location after they close at 2pm on Sundays? Thanks!
Old Sep 23, 2018, 3:53 pm
Carlson Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz & Avis PC; National EE; SPG & Hilton Gold; AC 35K (yawn)
You are charged until they close the contract Monday. Parking can be a challenge to find at times as well.
Old Sep 23, 2018, 4:24 pm

Thanks for speedy response and heads up on the parking situation!
Old Sep 24, 2018, 11:30 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Note: The new $7.50 per day, up to $37.50, LAX airport car rental customer facility charge is also CHARGED to rental contracts for cars that are picked up from Hertz at the LAX Marriott or LAX Hilton.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.