Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

BEWARE: Hertz non-responsiveness to insurance claims

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2015, 10:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: Global Entry, United Silver, Marriott Platinum Premier, Hilton Gold

Last month I had a Hertz rental that developed a windshield crack. It wasn't the result of anything that happened on my watch, but Hertz decided to come after me anyway. I have full coverage with AMEX Assurance and to date Hertz has been completely non-communicative with them. Hertz has provided absolutely nothing that AMEX has asked for -- no paperwork proving a repair was done, nothing providing evidence of the issue. Nothing. Not even a return phone call. Also, to date, I've received nothing in the mail from Hertz on this issue, either. They just charged my card and ran off.

According to AMEX this is headed to a charge-back situation. Glad AMEX has my back on this.

By comparison, I'm dealing with a windshield crack issue with Alamo that DID happen on my watch and Alamo is already communicating well, and it should be handled fine.

What the @!!$&! is the matter with Hertz?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.