Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hertz website not working?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2015, 12:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Thumbs down Hertz website not working?

I am not able to book on the Hertz website for the past 8 hours. Can't use my points or book without them. It will take me to the 2nd to last page before giving me an error message via a pop up.

Is anyone else having trouble?

UPDATE: I was able to figure out the issue by using a VPN to access the website. It won't let me book a rental in the USA while I'm on holiday in Europe. Once I VPN'd in then it allowed the booking. Ridiculous imo, how am I supposed to rent a car when I return from holiday!! Fix your website Hertz.

Last edited by TravelinSperry; Aug 28, 2015 at 1:00 am
Old Jun 24, 2019, 1:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, DL GM, Marriott Platinum
Anyone else having trouble today with Hertz? -- cannot login via phone nor computer -- both the clunky old website and the clunkier new website.
Old Jun 24, 2019, 2:06 pm

Programs: DL DM
Yes, I'm having website issues as well. I get service unavailable message on new reservations and cannot access existing reservations. I see this thread was bumped from August 2015. Wouldn't it be nice if website problems occurred with such infrequency!
Old Jun 24, 2019, 3:32 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, DL GM, Marriott Platinum
Website appears to be back up now. It was functionally dead for most of today, a Monday in the high travel season. Hope Hertz can hire some good engineers on staff to keep this website in better shape.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.