Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Cannot get same benefit from independent licensee

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2014, 11:08 pm
Original Poster

Just move to a small town for a temporary stay because of work. Hertz has a licensee here. I know that i won't get any benefit for PC or Five Star. However, they have 200 mile/day limit. It makes rental ridiculous. I just want to get a rental for get out of this small town every weekend(really small southern town, nothing but a big corporation here attracting many out-of-town folks work here). I always leave for somewhere at least 500 miles away. The price is already higher than corporate location, but they still charge mileage fee. Unfortunately, there is only enterprise here and other rental agencies prices even higher than Hertz.

Luckily, there is an even smaller town about 30 miles away have a Hertz corporate location. I can get cheap car rental with lowest corporate price and I can even park my own car there for an almost free price..No upsell, cheap upgrade, and honor my five-star benefit with a upgrade. Of course, always no limits on mile.

Just want to recommend Hertz set up licensee in some remote locations (like a nothing Montana town, or a nothing small town between San Antonio and El Paso)you really have no capacity or profit to set up a corporate location. Otherwise, please give up licensing idea.

Last edited by XHGZ; Oct 3, 2014 at 11:13 pm
Old Oct 5, 2014, 8:48 am

I don't particularly have an issue with the mileage limits with Hertz licensee/franchise locations as Hertz corporate locations occasionally have restrictions.

I have bigger issues that the benefits of the Hertz program doesn't apply. To me, Hertz should hold and place in the licensee contracts stipulations that all perks/benefits/coupons, etc. must be honored. The current format is the opposite of being customer centric. Unfortunately Hertz neither has the balls or commitment to the customer to care to make any change.
Old Oct 17, 2014, 12:39 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JLewisinSyr
I don't particularly have an issue with the mileage limits with Hertz licensee/franchise locations as Hertz corporate locations occasionally have restrictions.

I have bigger issues that the benefits of the Hertz program doesn't apply. To me, Hertz should hold and place in the licensee contracts stipulations that all perks/benefits/coupons, etc. must be honored. The current format is the opposite of being customer centric. Unfortunately Hertz neither has the balls or commitment to the customer to care to make any change.
Hopefully they will change something from the new CEO...Otherwise, I will move to enterprise.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 12:24 pm

Programs: SkyTeam: AF/KL Gold. Star Alliance: CM Gold; AV Gold; UA. OneWorld: BA Sapphire
Originally Posted by XHGZ
Hopefully they will change something from the new CEO...Otherwise, I will move to enterprise.
Did they ever change anything? I doubt it, right?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.