Community
Wiki Posts
Search

got given a brand new camaro ss today

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2014, 10:29 pm
Original Poster

got given a brand new camaro ss today

Only 19 miles on it still covered with tape on the bumpers and back of seats. Makes a change to the high mileage threads lately lol
Old Jun 3, 2014, 2:49 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
Was that a PCAR?

If so maybe all those threads paid off... congratulations!
Old Jun 3, 2014, 5:29 am

Confirm the VIN just to be sure...

http://jalopnik.com/5949422/did-hert...nd-rent-it-out
Old Jun 3, 2014, 6:30 am
Original Poster

Its an RS not SS, should be a 3.6 v6 I hope lol
Old Jun 3, 2014, 12:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Perhaps a Mod can help the OP correct his thread title. A Camaro RS is no special offering.
Old Jun 3, 2014, 5:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
A Camaro RS, assuming it is a hard-top and not a convertible, is usually classified as YF -- sometimes it is available for a low upcharge, but I guess in the OP's case it was free. By no means is it bad; it's a fun car to drive around, even with a V6. The fact that it's brand new makes it that much better ^

-j.
Old Jun 3, 2014, 5:51 pm

Programs: UA GS, SQ PPS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold
Yup, I got a Camaro RS on a F reservation at LAX this past week. Nice car, definitely not a crazy free upgrade though since it's just a YF. At least some of them are quite nicely equipped—mine had factory nav, working XM, etc. Terrible mileage, though—about 24 highway.
Old Jun 3, 2014, 5:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by Scifience
Yup, I got a Camaro RS on a F reservation at LAX this past week. Nice car, definitely not a crazy free upgrade though since it's just a YF. At least some of them are quite nicely equipped—mine had factory nav, working XM, etc. Terrible mileage, though—about 24 highway.
Don't push it so hard It has the same engine as the Impala and other GMs (the HFV6) and the Camaro isn't particularly heavy (compared to, say, the Impala Limited ). I had a very new LaCrosse a month ago and on the highway I averaged around 27 or 28 mpg.

-J.
Old Jun 4, 2014, 8:33 am
Original Poster

It doesn't have a cd player which is a bit annoying lol and it has a funny smell when I accelerate hard in it but can't work out what it is, kinda a cross between clutch smell and rubber but it doesn't have a clutch and the wheels dont spin on it so not sure what it could be?
Old Jun 4, 2014, 9:32 am

Programs: Gold 5*
I had the Camero SS the other week out of LAS...
Had the XM radio, which is a cool thing once you work out the stations, etc....
80s, 90s and Pop2K did it for us!
Didn't even notice if there were a CD slot!

and I loved getting 18.9mpg on the interstate whilst doing 70mph! (thank god fuel is cheaper in the US than it is here!)
Old Jun 5, 2014, 5:15 am
R7U

Programs: TK Elite; HH Diamond; AA Plat; CC Gold
Originally Posted by jason87
Only 19 miles on it still covered with tape on the bumpers and back of seats. Makes a change to the high mileage threads lately lol
It is always great to get new car but car which has very very low mileage like in your case, they will take more fuel than usual and sometimes have problems with gearbox. Off-course you can enjoy the smell of the new car
Old Jun 13, 2014, 9:06 am

Location: STL, MO-US and A , SWA A-List, Marriott LTTE, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Reserved a standard convertible (U) using points at OGG last week and found a Camaro SS CV (U4) in my spot. This one definitely had a V8 and was a joy to drive on the road to Hana. Only problem was that I really couldn't stretch this things legs on Maui as there really aren't any freeways on the island. I've never seen so many mustang and Camaro CVs as I did last week while there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.