Ride Report: Penske Ford Mustang GT

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2013, 7:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: ANA Miledge club, JAL Miledge bank, Hertz #1 Gold
Thumbs up Ride Report: Penske Ford Mustang GT

Please follow the link below for full review:

http://t-c-p.blogspot.jp/2013/11/ama...d-to-sema.html
"But the story begins before the opening day, as I arrived to ever busy and chaotic LAX airport in the evening of November 1st. As I entered the Hertz rental lot, I took my time to appreciate their dream collection including Porsche 911, Mercedes Benz C63 AMG, and Tesla Roadster. Right behind they had the adrenaline collection consisting of another revision of Dodge Challenger RT sporting a darker blend of Orange and a bit smoother lines, brand new 2014 Camaro SS Convertible, and in the middle, Hertz Limited Edition 2014 Ford Mustang Penske GT. "

"The aggressive deep exhaust note combined with smooth growl of the 5.0L V8 could only be compared to top end AMG models, but unlike the German machines this one didn't even attempt to be quiet. It was loud, in your face, angry, and I loved it. So, after a bit of negotiations I accepted a rate which would not make me declare bankruptcy, and was off to 40 mile ride to my hotel in Orange County. "

"On a freeway, bikers wanted to race me, other Mustang owners wanted to follow, while Audi owners miserably failed to keep up; in town kids were pointing their fingers while their parents snapped pictures. I felt like a rock star and that's the whole point of this car."

More: http://t-c-p.blogspot.jp/2013/11/ama...d-to-sema.html
Old Nov 14, 2013, 8:09 pm

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
Epic!
Old Dec 27, 2013, 2:18 pm

Programs: Hertz Presidents Circle; SPG Lifetime Platinum; Hilton Honors Diamond
Finally - and yes, I know it was 3 months ago when I rented one - got my Test Report on the Penske published.

You can find it here. .

It is fair to say that I rather enjoyed it.
Old Dec 28, 2013, 12:09 am

Programs: AA,UA SLV, SPG GLD,Hyatt GP Plat.,National Exec., Hertz Platinum
Great reports by both of you! I've rented this car 7 times since it came out and kept it for about 45 days total. I can't get enough of it! The ride does suck at times but you get used to it.
Old Jan 2, 2014, 9:35 pm

Programs: HertzPresCircle, Virgin Atlantic Gold,Hil-Diam, Europcar Elite Vip, Emirates Gold, MarriottTitanium.
I have it again too (3d time). For a month now (out of LAS 3500$ total incl. ALL). It currently already has 13k miles on it and the brakes are annoying as hell making a squeeky noise ( superloud ). So when i return it i will prob ask for a new one for the next month. There's not really any other car that gives me the same fun feeling everytime i start it (and one that is practical enough and fits 2 large suitcases)
Old Jan 6, 2014, 9:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: ANA Miledge club, JAL Miledge bank, Hertz #1 Gold
Ah, I miss it

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.