Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

PlatePass Hertz charge, didnt even use Hertz...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2013, 11:25 pm
Original Poster

Got a cute little invoice in the mail today from hertz saying I have a charge of $20.85 for a toll bridge in San Fran.

Yes, I travelled to San Fran during the duration the invoice said, yes I crossed the golden gate bridge at the time it said.

However I used Dollar Rental and paid for the Pass24 option. Apparently Hertz bought Pass24 at somepoint in the past year or two.

Regardless....what kind of success have people had in resolving these cases? Hertz phone and email support has been lackluster and very unhelpful.
The rental agreement number match the Dollar Rental agreement...i'm wondering how this even occurred? this is just weird.

Havent received a charge yet, but my bank shouldnt have a problem resolving the issue. but I'd like to avoid that if possible.

Hertz.....dont it? Sure does!
Old Sep 11, 2013, 5:36 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Welcome to FT!
I suggest you read this thread as this is a well-worn topic here.
It sounds like you didn't ask for the Platepass transponder to be turned off or turn it off yourself, so you got double-billed?
Old Sep 11, 2013, 5:42 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
OP - Did you or did you not pay for the specific use of the PP in question? Really need that clarified.

If you did not, you owe Hertz. If you already paid, you should respond in writing (webform and keep a screenshot) explaining that the invoice in question was paid as part of invoice XXXX through Dollar.

Unfortunately, your bank can't help you here because all you have from Hertz is an invoice, so there's nothing to dispute.
Old Sep 11, 2013, 7:39 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec
Originally Posted by PlatePassScum
However I used Dollar Rental and paid for the Pass24 option. Apparently Hertz bought Pass24 at somepoint in the past year or two.
Hertz owns Dollar, that's why the bill is coming from Hertz.
Old Sep 11, 2013, 8:37 am
Original Poster

of course Hertz owns dollar *sigh* sucks.

Alright so on my bill/receipt and rental agreement from Dollar, It says Pass24 - [email protected] Total 32.85.
Which is fine because I specifically ASKED for Pass24.

Not once during the transaction did Dollar mention or say anything of PlatePass. nor was it anywhere on the rental agreement or documentation i received or verbally.

PlatePass, never heard of it until i got the invoice actually. They mentioned no Transponder either.

And yeah I read through ALL of the PlatePass threads here, pretty terrible stuff. I contacted a few Hertz email addresses with a copy of my Invoice (PlatePass) and my Dollar Agreement documentation that shows nothing of platepass and my purchase of pass24.
Old Sep 12, 2013, 8:44 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec
Looks like, for some reason, the bridge didn't charge the Pass24 account, and, therefore, billed the PlatePass account (which is what would have happened if you hadn't prepaid). Was there any contact info on the invoice you got?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.