Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Gold Plus Rewards - system still not working

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2013, 8:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hertz Gold Plus Rewards, Air NZ Gold, Priority Club

I was just told by one of the reservation people (via phone) that the gold plus rewards system is still down. This means it's not possible to redeem points or see points balances.

I can see my balance, but I'm trying to book a 2 week rental in Italy with points and it doesn't work.

Apparently the system will be down until March 12 (which is today in New Zealand), but it may well drag out longer as I think the system upgrades started (and were due to finish) on Feb 25.

Also, as an aside, I was told by one person in reservations (in Australia) that it's not possible to redeem points internationally...but I'm pretty sure that this is wrong as the hertz.co.nz website clearly states that "It’s our fastest way to rent a car and earn FREE days fast, which can be redeemed for free rental days around the world anytime...". The Gold Plus people are supposed to confirm this for me however...

Just letting people know.
Old Mar 22, 2013, 11:06 am

Programs: UA Silver, AA Gold, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Hertz is still having all kinds of IT problems. I have almost a month worth of rentals that have either posted with no points, or don't appear in my activity at all. Last night I returned at EWR and went to the counter to ask, out of curiosity, if my rewards number was even on the reservation. It wasn't even though it was definitely booked with the number attached.

I submitted missing points requests, but I assume that these have entered a huge pile/black hole and may take months to appear.
Old Mar 22, 2013, 2:27 pm
Suspended

It has been a real long time. You would think they could hire some competent systems guys and get this fixed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.