Search

Cheapest way to get a SUV?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2013, 11:15 pm
SLV
Original Poster

Programs: Hertz PC
Cheapest way to get a SUV?

What would be the cheapest way to get an SUV?
The price difference for my reservation date is $14/day from a full size to a midsize.

Do you think there will be a free upgrade to a midsize for 5* member? Or would the upgrade fee be less than the price difference?

Thanks!
Old Feb 11, 2013, 12:32 am

I usually reserve a compact at my local neighbourhood location, which always upgrades me to a full-size, and then I call the manager (I know him due to the fact because I rent too much) and ask to book a SUV for me. Because SUVs are expensive, I pay to upgrade from full-size to SUV (about $15-20 a day)
Old Feb 13, 2013, 5:01 pm

Programs: Hertz Presidents Circle, National EE, Lots of Stupid CCs&The I Am Crazy Enough To Actually Pay For F
Originally Posted by SLV
What would be the cheapest way to get an SUV?
The price difference for my reservation date is $14/day from a full size to a midsize.

Do you think there will be a free upgrade to a midsize for 5* member? Or would the upgrade fee be less than the price difference?

Thanks!
it depends on your location you are renting from. if its a big airport location you might be able to upgrade at time of rental and save money that way. if its a small location they are likely to not stock any extra cars. bottom line is if you HAVE to have the SUV reserve it upfront.
Old Feb 18, 2013, 4:47 pm

Programs: Oneworld sapphire (IB)
I just asked my pick-up location here in San Francisco the same thing. (having booked a full and maybe wanting to upgrade to a SUV). he quotes $10 a day ( when available).
Old Feb 18, 2013, 8:16 pm

Programs: UA gold; WN A; PC plat; Marriott Gold
try keep checking suv prices 0-10 days before the rental date on aaa.com/hertz and costcotravel.com (if you are a costco member). have seen weekend mid size suv price at SEA as low as $20s a day all inclusive.
Old Feb 21, 2013, 6:56 am

Programs: AS MVPG 100k
Full size SUV is one of the best value uses of points. 4k points for a Suburban for a week is worth close to a grand in most markets.....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.