Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Possible to reverse Hertz points to get Marriott points?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2012, 10:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hertz Pres. Circle, HHonors Diamond

I signed up for the Hertz & Marriott promo to get 5K Marriott points for 5 days or more Hertz rental days. I got it on my first reservation but on my second reservation they gave me Hertz points instead. I'm still waiting for my points for my third reservation and finishing my fourth one this week.

What are my chances of having Hertz reverse their points and give me the Marriott points instead?

I contacted them several times over the course of two weeks and not a single reply. Also contacted phone support in between and they are giving me the run around. One tells me to go call the Gold number while the Gold rep asked me to contact online support for past rentals. I'm a bit frustrated at this point. I made sure I used the CDP and PC code and gave my Marriott membership number to the frontdesk at all my check-ins (just like my first check-in which was credit Marriott points).

I've had bad experiences before with Hertz but thought I would give it another try especially with this Marriott promo. Otherwise, I would go with 2 other car rentals which is right there in the airline terminal which also have lower rates.

Thanks.
Old Dec 14, 2012, 9:08 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium (former PP), Hilton Silver, UA Silver, AS Member, Hertz 5*
You need to talk to someone in Hertz's customer service department. They should be able to reverse the Hertz points and give you Marriott points for a prior rental.
Old Dec 15, 2012, 12:05 am
Original Poster

Thanks. They keep making me go back and forth with phone support and then online support. I will try again, but in the meantime, I just sent a message in their Twitter page as well. Hopefully that will get their attention.
Old Dec 17, 2012, 8:37 pm

Programs: AA,HH Gold,SPG Plat,Natl Elite,Hertz Pres Cir
The same thing happened to my last two rentals with Hertz.

I need to follow up also but have just not found the time.

Let us know what comes out of the hassles - maybe you'll get the Marriot pts and get to keep the measly Hertz pts too
Old Dec 19, 2012, 9:10 pm
Original Poster

No luck so far. I tried communicating with them via Twitter but not even sure I'm using it correctly (not a social media person). I even emailed Marriott and they reached out to them. It looks like it can't be reversed. I'll see when Hertz will reply back but I'm not holding my breathe. So far customer service with them is the worse I've seen out of all these loyalty programs I joined.
Old Dec 21, 2012, 4:19 pm
Original Poster

OK, I think I got it sorted out now. I called Hertz Gold line once again and finally got a response that makes sense. I'm not sure if you are already doing the following, but this is what I will be doing going forward (at least until the Marriott promo expires ):

1. Go into your account profile and Membership Details. Make sure you added Marriott to the Frequent Traveler (FT) section along with your Marriott membership number. Save it.
2. Make your reservations like you usually do. When you get to the step where it asks you for your flight details, right below that is your frequent traveler program. Make sure to select the Marriott CDP that you just entered from step 1.
3. Confirm that everything is correct and book the reservation.

It's probably too late for my current reservation which I just returned. The staff at the counter can't even make those changes for me even though they were able to add in my Marriott number. Going forward I will still give them my Marriott number at check-in just to be safe, but it should work now. Just to be sure, I also removed the Hertz #1 club CDP as well and unchecking the box for triple Hertz points.

So far it happened to two of my reservations already where I had Hertz points instead of Marriott points. I'm hoping this last one will somehow give me Marriott points instead. I had two other reservations and cancelled them and scheduled new ones with the steps above.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.