Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TPA Gold Rental

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2012, 12:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Blue, Virgin Flying Club, Hertz #1 Gold, Avis Preferred, National Emerald, Dr. Oetker Speciale
TPA Gold Rental

A couple of questions if you would,

1/ I've got a rental for a standard SUV at TPA next Wednesday, it says Chevy Traverse or similar.
I'd really like a Buick Enclave or failing that a GMC Acadia what are the chances or are they in a different class?

2/ It's my first trip to TPA for a few years, as a Gold member do I go to the counter or to the garage and if so which one?

Thanks!!
Old Oct 6, 2012, 1:23 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
1. Try looking at this http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hertz...9-suv-ewr.html
2. Yes. First rental, agent needs to see driver's licence.
Old Oct 6, 2012, 2:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Blue, Virgin Flying Club, Hertz #1 Gold, Avis Preferred, National Emerald, Dr. Oetker Speciale
Thanks for the answer to the first question, really useful link.

Second question though, it's quite a few years since my first rental so is it counter or garage?

TPA is listed as Gold Counter by the way
Old Oct 6, 2012, 5:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by tony flynn
Thanks for the answer to the first question, really useful link.

Second question though, it's quite a few years since my first rental so is it counter or garage?

TPA is listed as Gold Counter by the way
Have you gotten a new (updated) license since your last Hertz rental, anywhere in the system? If so they will need to see it most likely. Otherwise go where the car-firmation text message or email tells you to go if you are subscribed to receive it.

-J.
Old Oct 7, 2012, 6:08 am
Original Poster

Thanks again, no new licence and picked up a gold rental at ORD last month in the traditional way ie; car in spot and rental agreement handed over by the gate agent..

What seperates the TPA location from the usual is that there didn't used to be a gold service, you had to go to the counter to pick up the keys and then to the garage.
On my last visit there two years ago, I went to the gold counter only to be told to go to a particular floor in the garage where the car was waiting but there was no gold board such as the type you see when a location has a full gold service.

I have a UK mobile so I've never received a 'Carfirmation' text message nor an email despite these options being enabled in my profile.
What I'm wondering is that in the two years that have elapsed, what's the current procedure for a gold rental at TPA?
Old Oct 7, 2012, 11:17 am

Programs: AA Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz President's Circle
Thanks again, no new licence and picked up a gold rental at ORD last month in the traditional way ie; car in spot and rental agreement handed over by the gate agent..

What seperates the TPA location from the usual is that there didn't used to be a gold service, you had to go to the counter to pick up the keys and then to the garage.
On my last visit there two years ago, I went to the gold counter only to be told to go to a particular floor in the garage where the car was waiting but there was no gold board such as the type you see when a location has a full gold service.

I have a UK mobile so I've never received a 'Carfirmation' text message nor an email despite these options being enabled in my profile.
What I'm wondering is that in the two years that have elapsed, what's the current procedure for a gold rental at TPA?
It's the same as before. Gold counter to get keys to your car. There isn't a gold choice area. I rented there last week.
Old Oct 7, 2012, 11:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by DJTim
It's the same as before. Gold counter to get keys to your car. There isn't a gold choice area. I rented there last week.
Sounds like ROC

-J.
Old Oct 7, 2012, 3:05 pm
Original Poster

Thanks DJTim for that definitive answer and thanks to you all for your help, counter visit it is then - let's hope they have an Enclave, Acadia or something nice for me.
Old Oct 15, 2012, 8:04 am
Original Poster

Update - LGW-TPA flight was delayed by over two hours and with a 140 mile journey ahead of us, I was concerned that we may no longer have a reservation.
Wandered out of the terminal to the Hertz rental office where a sign says 'Gold Renters Proceed To Garage'.
There are TWO GARAGES at TPA, BA customers with reservations will find their vehicle at the 'Red' garage, needless to say I went to the wrong one.

The gentleman who dealt with me can only be described as one of Hertz's most charming employees, he commented on the size of our suitcases and suggested we take a seat and a complimentary bottle of water while he arranged for the car to be brought around.

Chevy Traverse LTZ with air conditioned seats and Sirius is everything I could have asked for.

I will definitely fill in a positive Hertz post rental review when I get home.

Thanks to all here for their help and also to the team at TPA.
Old Oct 15, 2012, 8:10 am

Programs: Hertz #1 Gold 5*, United,Virgin and AA

Chevy Traverse LTZ with air conditioned seats and Sirius is everything I could have asked for.
I am glad you got your Traverse ^

I hope I get the same spec at ORF in 2 weeks time

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.