Community
Wiki Posts
Search

using Hertz pts for someone else

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2011, 5:49 pm
Original Poster

using Hertz pts for someone else

Is there an easy way to use points to book for someone else? Is it still true that as a gold member, your wife/husband can pick up the car under your name? I ask because my absence wasn't a problem at PDX, but at MIA and FLL, it was a pain in the ....

Also, is there another rental car company that it's easier to use points for someone else? I've been a president's circle for the past couple years, but with a new year coming up, I am willing to hop.

Thanks.
Old Dec 29, 2011, 6:40 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hertz PC, Hyatt Globalist, IGH Rewards Club Spire, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by chimuelo
Is there an easy way to use points to book for someone else? Is it still true that as a gold member, your wife/husband can pick up the car under your name? I ask because my absence wasn't a problem at PDX, but at MIA and FLL, it was a pain in the ....

Also, is there another rental car company that it's easier to use points for someone else? I've been a president's circle for the past couple years, but with a new year coming up, I am willing to hop.
Spouses can easily pick up Hertz award cars, especially if both of you are on the same AAA account. Unless you pick up the car and put them down as an authorized driver, no one else pick up can with Hertz award car (except your spouse). Some people will suggest you try some kind of scam on the Hertz counter rep, but they check your drivers license at the counter or exit gate so it will NOT work.

I didn't know that any other car rental company had a rewards program with points. I would also be very interested if another car rental company makes it easy to give award rentals to someone other than the spouse. My adult children often need rental cars and the only way I've found to do it is to give/transfer credit card points to them.

Last edited by alxir; Dec 29, 2011 at 6:58 pm
Old Dec 29, 2011, 9:18 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Search is always your friend http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hertz...ts-rental.html
Old Dec 30, 2011, 8:00 am
Original Poster

That's a good point. I didn't think about using HHonors pts or AA pts. With all the points I have and all the money I spend on Hertz, it's annoying that I have to use my airline points to get a car for my family. Seriously....

alxir, I've known people who change the address on their profile to match the person's who is getting the car. Then whoever picks up the car has to pretend like he/she is your spouse. If you're ballsy, that's another option.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.