Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Discounted Special Collections (Adrenaline/Prestige/etc)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2011, 5:37 pm
Original Poster

So I just realized that most of the rates on the Hertz France include:
Total Estimate Charge includes
Airport concession fee recovery
Additional Driver Fee
Loss Damage Waiver
THE FIRST TANK OF GAS IS INCLUDED IN RATE
Tax and other charges
Liability Insurance Supplement
Vehicle Licensing Cost Recovery
Customer Facility Charge:
California Tourism Commission Assessment
Could be the quick decline of the Euro against the USD that resulted in the rate difference, but I booked for roughly USD$50 less than I would have had I booked in the US – plus it comes with almost every insurance, free tank of gas, and includes taxes. Pretty sweet deal considering LDW is US$20/day by itself. Quick search looked like it applied to all of the vehicles.

Happy luxury shopping!
Old Dec 8, 2011, 4:47 pm

Programs: Hertz PC, QF Plat, Velocity Gold, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
I hope you were actually in France when you made this reservation ?

"This reservation is based on information you have provided Hertz, including information regarding your current geographic location. Hertz reserves the right to demand proof of what you have told us. In particular, if you have indicated that you are located outside your country of residence, you may, at the time of rental, be required to prove where you were when this reservation was made, through evidence such as an air or rail carrier ticket receipt, a hotel bill or a utility bill addressed to you at the location where you say you were. Failure to provide such substantiation may invalidate the rates you have been quoted, or in validate the entire reservation. Providing false information to Hertz in connection with this reservation would also breach your rental agreement and could violate the law.?
Old Dec 12, 2011, 2:17 pm
Original Poster

I was in France, so I guess I lucked out there. Although no one asked any questions, keys were in the car, drove out and walked away from the vehicle when it was parked. Could be LAX that no one ever asks any questions.

True, this isn't the BEST way to get a rate. However, it seems much easier then those that are printing up fake business cards for hotel discounts.

I do think that the real criminals are people that charge different rates to people of different geographic locations. This isn't a case of corporate loyalty like a business discount, this is European people deserve better value for....no reason?
Old Dec 13, 2011, 1:53 am

Programs: Hertz PC, QF Plat, Velocity Gold, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Try making a reservation and saying you are in Australia, we get the highest rates for rentals in the USA!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.