Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Whats the fewest amount of Miles on your Hertz Rental car have you had?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Whats the fewest amount of Miles on your Hertz Rental car have you had?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2009, 3:00 pm
Original Poster

Lowest Mileage Car

So I just got back from my trip to Vegas. Upon checking the Gold Board, I noticed what looked like a nice '08 Infiniti G35x. When I turn the car on, the odometer reads "8" miles. I looked at the DMV slip, and the car was purchased on 2/5. By far the best rental I've had with Hertz. The car was amazing. It even had the new car smell!!
Old Feb 12, 2009, 9:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Rutgerskid
So I just got back from my trip to Vegas. Upon checking the Gold Board, I noticed what looked like a nice '08 Infiniti G35x. When I turn the car on, the odometer reads "8" miles. I looked at the DMV slip, and the car was purchased on 2/5. By far the best rental I've had with Hertz. The car was amazing. It even had the new car smell!!
Lowest I was ever given was 15km.
Old Feb 13, 2009, 12:52 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador (Titanium Lifetime), BA Gold, Ex-Hertz 5* PC, Ex-HH Diamond, Ex-BD*G
Had one with 6 miles .... couldn't believe it to be fair - I thought that it would have taken more miles going between transporters from the factory to the small branch I rented from! However, the car itself was a Ford Focus, so, not so special!
Old Feb 14, 2009, 5:44 pm

Programs: UA 1P, DL Gold, SPG Gold
Lowest mileage was 651 miles on a Mazda 5 from the ORD Hertz location. After having a 36K mile car from Hertz at LAS last month, it was nice to see low mileage.
Old Feb 15, 2009, 8:23 pm

Programs: CO Plat, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC
Last week in New Orleans (MSY), a 2009 Honda Accord w/7 miles on the odometer!
Old Feb 17, 2009, 7:25 pm

Programs: UA-1K(BIS), Marriott-Platinum Premier, Hertz-PC, Fairmont-PC
Smile M35 with 9 miles

Picked up the M35 in Tampa with 9 miles on it this week. Still had the first aid kit in the trunk and they hadn't washed it yet and still had the lines from the plastic paint protection used for shipping.

Dennis
Old Feb 17, 2009, 8:26 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
Seven
Old Feb 17, 2009, 10:04 pm

Programs: DL FO, US Silver, MR Plat, HH Silver
My lowest was 56 out of IAH on a Toyota Camary. I would guess a one day rental before I got it.
Old Feb 18, 2009, 2:27 am

Originally Posted by cordelli
Seven
Ditto - on multiple occasions. And always on a Ford Focus.

Sadly not had similar experiences of late - don't think I've had a car with less than 15,000 miles on the clock recently
Old Feb 18, 2009, 6:26 am

1 mile. Brand new Caddy in ABQ that still had the temporary paper tags.
Old Feb 18, 2009, 4:58 pm

my current car is a Toyota Corolla (C class midsize ha) and is a 2007 with 40,000 miles on it. plus the cruise control is broken and there are about 20 dents/dings/scratches all around the car.

meh.
Old Feb 18, 2009, 8:33 pm
Formerly known as katzalex

Programs: AAdvantage EXP, Hertz Platinum, Marriot Platinum, HHonors Silver, SPG Gold
Saturn Vue with 2 miles on it in MIA at Thanksgiving. Engine smelled awful for the first 10 miles as everything was breaking in.
Old Feb 19, 2009, 12:39 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Priority Club, National Exec Elite, Hertz #1 Gold, Avis First, Thrifty Bluechip
Originally Posted by katzalex
Saturn Vue with 2 miles on it in MIA at Thanksgiving. Engine smelled awful for the first 10 miles as everything was breaking in.
Don't you mean "as everything was breaking"? It is a Saturn... I keed, I keed.
Old Feb 20, 2009, 7:58 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Hertz 5*
Just picked up a mazda 3 with 600km on it
Old Feb 20, 2009, 8:14 am

Mine was an Alfa GT 1.9 JTDM, with 7 miles on the clock. Part of a new delivery to deal with the Xmas rush at the London Marble Arch station, it was also my shortest ever keep.
I drove it out of the station, turned the corner onto the main road, and was surprised to see a london cab flashing his lights at me urgently at the next set of lights. Thought "what's his problem?", and tried to pull away when the lights went green. The engine stalled on me, so I restarted and managed to get moving, but found the car had no power. Looked in the rearview mirror and realised why, and why I'd got the flashing lights too. Huge plumes of black smoke coming out of the back of the car. Turned round and nursed the car back to the rental station. Legendary Alfa reliability!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.