FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hertz-gold-plus-rewards-423/)
-   -   PC and RQ Registry - Promotion Codes and Rate Codes only (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hertz-gold-plus-rewards/1107806-pc-rq-registry-promotion-codes-rate-codes-only.html)

AutoSlash Oct 8, 2016 8:41 am

Originally Posted by ericeric1010 (Post 27319618)
Hi guys,

Planning a trip to SNA (John Wayne Airport) for a 8 day rental in late February. Problem is I will be 20 years old, and Hertz charges an astonishing $25 per day to rent a car from them. This adds $216 to the price of my rental car and essentially doubles the base rate. I called Hertz and they said that AAA members get the age differential waved, however I am Canadian and CAA does not waive the age differential.

Any ideas? Will Hertz actually check for my AAA card if I use an AAA CDP? I don't want to get there and be stuck without a car.

That is completely incorrect. AAA members DO NOT have the age differential waived. Only USAA members have the age differential waived, and the likelihood of them checking is fairly high.

You might want to check out this FT thread for more info. I'll also PM you later for another possible option.

maksimfa Nov 15, 2016 3:01 pm

Hey folks,

Got a few new promo codes for Hertz. Should work with most CDP #'s but feel free to use our company CDP# 1934703.

$25 off Weekly Rental of 5 days or more. PC# 106455

$5 a day, up to $15 off Weekend Rentals PC# 106444

huge Nov 24, 2016 2:11 am

Originally Posted by AutoSlash (Post 17933763)
Welcome to FT! PC codes don't seem to work in STT, but CDP codes work just fine. I'd recommend using one of the ones from this page. They all should give the same discount.

I'm quoting a post from 4.5 years ago, just checking to make sure that it's still true ... that PC codes won't work in the U.S. Virgin Islands (STT is St Thomas, airport location).

I'm getting a discount using the CDP for my Platinum Amex - usually the best CDP for my rentals - but the PC codes I've tried have all come up as invalid.

If anyone knows of other tricks/codes/incantations I can try, let me know...

AutoSlash Nov 24, 2016 6:34 am

Originally Posted by huge (Post 27521668)
I'm quoting a post from 4.5 years ago, just checking to make sure that it's still true ... that PC codes won't work in the U.S. Virgin Islands (STT is St Thomas, airport location).

I'm getting a discount using the CDP for my Platinum Amex - usually the best CDP for my rentals - but the PC codes I've tried have all come up as invalid.

If anyone knows of other tricks/codes/incantations I can try, let me know...

That is correct. I looked through a few hundred rentals and while it looks like a few select coupons will work with Avis/Budget in STT, there are no PC codes that work with Hertz there.

BlauPassportflyer Dec 2, 2016 11:08 am

Prestige Collection AMS

Hey everyone,

Does anyone know how to get the best rates on a prestige collection rental in ams on dates dec 17-19...I usually use usaa or amex centurion rates....but the rates for prestige collection arent showing up online.

Any and all help is appreciated!

Cheers

mster Dec 19, 2016 5:33 am

Any PC codes that stack with long term prepaid rates (ie. the "MNTHLY" rate code)?

Panopreto Dec 19, 2016 10:05 pm

Hey I just would like to give the heads up, vehicle class Infiniti G37/Q50 CadillacATS (Group G4) LSAR is at a ridiculous low price at FLL at aprox $200 week on a monthly contract. I just locked one and will extend the rental for more 30 days, CDP and PC apply normally.

The same price as for category C. Vehicle rated as Prestige Collection.

Regular price at MIA is $3000+ for same dates

AutoSlash Dec 19, 2016 10:24 pm

Originally Posted by Panopreto (Post 27637906)
Hey I just would like to give the heads up, vehicle class Infiniti G37/Q50 CadillacATS (Group G4) LSAR is at a ridiculous low price at FLL at aprox $200 week on a monthly contract. I just locked one and will extend the rental for more 30 days, CDP and PC apply normally.

The same price as for category C. Vehicle rated as Prestige Collection.

Regular price at MIA is $3000+ for same dates

Dates?

Panopreto Dec 19, 2016 10:37 pm

Originally Posted by AutoSlash (Post 27637957)
Dates?

12/21/16 to 01/18/17

https://s23.postimg.cc/r291jsivf/ss_hertz.png

AutoSlash Dec 20, 2016 4:12 am

Originally Posted by Panopreto (Post 27637981)

Great find! It looks like as long as you keep it more than 28 days (so it's considered a monthly rental) the price stays in the range you found. You can get it down as low as $825.80 with the AAA CDP.