Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Avoiding Young Driver Surcharge

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2012, 1:40 pm

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
Just a heads up, there is a PC+Gold Family combo that gives a greater rate than AAA+the pc that waives the young drivers charge... Try 168210, for some reason the taxes come out lower and also the total price is lower than the daily rate. For daily,weekly, weekend rates.
Old Dec 19, 2012, 5:00 am

I'm going to rent a car for one week at Hertz LAX, have signed up to Gold Plus Rewards in Denmark, but I don't see anywhere that this should waive the underage surcharge. I did a pay-now reservation. Can anyone tell me if I'm going to pay the surcharge or not, answers will be much appreciated.

Old Dec 19, 2012, 7:30 am

Search is your friend. There are numerous threads about the Hertz Underage Coupon on their website and Gold Family.
Old Dec 19, 2012, 11:39 am

Thumbs down

I appreciate your answer, but I find contradicting information in various threads. My issue is, that as a Dane signing up to Gold Plus Rewards (Danish Hertz site), there's no information about fee waivers as an advantage of membership. My first time renting I must admit that the number of promotion and discount codes can be confusing. Some PC codes can be used to waive the fee, but then I miss the pay-now low price. Some again can only be used on the US site, and making my reservation there more than doubles my expenses. That's why I'm asking in this forum if anyone has experience being a foreigner renting in US and got the fee waived by their non-us Gold Plus Rewards membership. It would be a very expensive surprise standing in LAX and having to pay a very large surcharge that could have been avoided

Old Dec 19, 2012, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by Jeppe Alexander Hertz
I appreciate your answer, but I find contradicting information in various threads. My issue is, that as a Dane signing up to Gold Plus Rewards (Danish Hertz site), there's no information about fee waivers as an advantage of membership. My first time renting I must admit that the number of promotion and discount codes can be confusing. Some PC codes can be used to waive the fee, but then I miss the pay-now low price. Some again can only be used on the US site, and making my reservation there more than doubles my expenses. That's why I'm asking in this forum if anyone has experience being a foreigner renting in US and got the fee waived by their non-us Gold Plus Rewards membership. It would be a very expensive surprise standing in LAX and having to pay a very large surcharge that could have been avoided
Gold membership alone will not get the fee waived. You must use the Gold Family CDP in your reservation (21+) or the underage PC# 144314 (20+). If the young renters fee shows up on your reservation detail and you didn't already use one of the methods above, call in and see if they can change the reservation (since I don't remember if you can modify prepaid reservations online or not).

-J.
Old Dec 19, 2012, 1:47 pm

Thanks for the answer. I did use the CDP, but was unsure if a Danish subscription would work waive the fee in the US as it don't waive anything in Denmark locally. The PC code can not be used with prepay, but the cdp can.

Old Dec 20, 2012, 5:04 am

Programs: Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum, Eurobonus Diamond
Originally Posted by Jeppe Alexander Hertz
Thanks for the answer. I did use the CDP, but was unsure if a Danish subscription would work waive the fee in the US as it don't waive anything in Denmark locally. The PC code can not be used with prepay, but the cdp can.
I have a Swedish Gold account and about 2 weeks ago rented a car from SJC with the CDP for removal of the underage. They will reserve the fee when you pick up the car. Upon return they waived the underage for me even though I am Swedish. I had to point it out though, but when he saw it he removed the fee which was about half of the rental. Hope this helps!
Old Dec 20, 2012, 2:35 pm

Originally Posted by Oflyt
I have a Swedish Gold account and about 2 weeks ago rented a car from SJC with the CDP for removal of the underage. They will reserve the fee when you pick up the car. Upon return they waived the underage for me even though I am Swedish. I had to point it out though, but when he saw it he removed the fee which was about half of the rental. Hope this helps!
Really hepfull, thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.