Wiki Posts
Search

Zurich fleet

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2010, 7:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Zurich fleet

Does anyone have any recent experience renting in Zurich that can comment on the fleet? Hertz.com shows a lot of Toyota's and Fords. I'm hoping that's not actually the case, I'd much rather rent a VW or other German car.

Thanks,
Eric
Old Jan 21, 2010, 9:35 pm

Programs: LH Senator, SU Gold, S7 Gold, CO Gold, Hertz Gold, Sixt Platinum, Europcar First
Thumbs up

In this case I would recommend you to use Europcar with 20% discount. Or check all links from the list - I suppose Autoeurope UK might be cheapest.

I can recommend both mentioned companies. My next reservation in DUS was created via Autoeurope and car provider will be Europcar.

^

Last edited by Razdva; Apr 28, 2013 at 2:18 am
Old Jan 22, 2010, 9:23 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by ez311
Does anyone have any recent experience renting in Zurich that can comment on the fleet? Hertz.com shows a lot of Toyota's and Fords. I'm hoping that's not actually the case, I'd much rather rent a VW or other German car.

Thanks,
Eric
I returned a car in November after picking up in GVA and I saw quite a few VWs, Audis and Mercedes at Zurich airport (ZRH).
Old Jan 23, 2010, 5:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Razdva
In this case I would recommend you to use Europcar with 20% discount. Or check all links from the list - I suppose Autoeurope UK might be cheapest.

I can recommend both mentioned companies. My next reservation in DUS was created via Autoeurope and car provider will be Europcar.

^
The Europcar rates are outrageous, $1,500 per week for a VW Golf. Hertz and Avis seem to be the most competitive, with Sixt after that.
Old Jan 23, 2010, 6:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ez311
The Europcar rates are outrageous, $1,500 per week for a VW Golf. Hertz and Avis seem to be the most competitive, with Sixt after that.
In my opinion, Sixt has the best service in Europe and usually competitive rates.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.