Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Hawaii
Reload this Page >

Maui Deep Sea Fishing Charter Recommendations?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2016, 1:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Plat, AS MVP Gold

My wife and I are heading to Maui in June and are thinking about doing some fishing. Any recommendations on a specific charter or boat? I'm fairly experienced with river/lake fishing and she's a novice, so nothing too extreme but hearing about any specific experiences would be appreciated! There's so many different boats and so much noise on certain other review sites I figured I'd go straight to the experts.
Old May 22, 2016, 6:42 pm

Programs: UA 1MM Premier 1K, Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium/ LT
Originally Posted by Mattlycrue
My wife and I are heading to Maui in June and are thinking about doing some fishing. Any recommendations on a specific charter or boat? I'm fairly experienced with river/lake fishing and she's a novice, so nothing too extreme but hearing about any specific experiences would be appreciated! There's so many different boats and so much noise on certain other review sites I figured I'd go straight to the experts.
We skip the fishing in Maui because you can't keep any of your catch (unlike the Caribbean/Mexico where we have feasted on the dorado and yellowfin we've caught), so I can't make a recommendation. If that doesn't bother you, then it is of course a glorious way to spend a day! (20 years ago, we were able to keep our catch off Kauai, so it might vary by island...)

(You might want to post this as a separate thread, since it's now under Maui Restaurants...)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.