Wiki Posts
Search

North Shore Oahu Adventures

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2007, 7:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA MP
North Shore Oahu Adventures

I recently learned that there is a LOT to do in terms of extreme activities at or around Dillingham Field on the North Shore of Oahu.

A non-exhaustive list of possibilities:
1. Tandem skydiving
2. Sailplane ride
3. Ultralight flying
4. Shark encounter
5. Catamaran sailing

Which of these would you do if you were going? For those of you who have already done some of these, which one gives the most bang for your buck? Any more extreme activity suggestions?
Old Feb 8, 2007, 11:37 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold, National Emerald Club, no airline affinity status
I have done 2 of the things on your list, so here is my opinion:
Shark adventure tour: Wholeheartedly recommend this activitity. It is roughly $100 or so for about 90-100 minutes. The boat takes around 6 people at a time and 3 go in the shark cage at a time. Make sure you take an underwater camera (a cheap disposable one works fine). It is very cool to see the sharks up close.
Glider: I paid $35 or so for a 45 minute ride. It was a beautiful day when I went up. If there are two of you in the seat, it might be a big crowded but amazing. I would recommend that if the weather is good.

I havent tried skydiving because I think it woudl be really cool. I am afraid of heights though. Hangliding would be the same, scary. Finally, catamaran sailing would be really fun if the weather is nice. The weather here can be hit and miss during the winter months. Always warm but can rain a lot. Let us know what you end up doing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.