Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Renting Condos and Houses in Hawaii" thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2005, 9:07 am

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by alanwar
If Grantham is not getting 50% or pretty close to that then I wonder what the owner is getting for the money and how high is the occupancy. Perhaps I ought to take a look, but I can't imagine Grantham would be much different than the two biggies in Poipu Kai and that there are plenty of horror stories all around. JT and ILuvParis, I'd appreciate hearing your experiences.

As an individual owner (in Poipu Sands) I would jump at renting for 75 - 80% of the management company rate so it does pay to book direct if you are willing to risk it. But alas, my place is managed by the "sweet" agency and so I cannot do that
Signed on with Grantham in April after closing on a Nihi Kai unit. Would be happy to discuss the particulars of the contract via email or PM.
Old Jun 25, 2006, 12:02 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
Last minute deals on condos in Maui?

On my upcoming trip to Hawaii the only nights I don't yet have hotels booked for are the 2 nights we'll be in Maui. Since I will be in a group of 4, I was considering getting a 2 bedroom condo instead of 2 hotel rooms, but all of the condos seem to want at least 5 night minimum stays.

I finally found one 2-bedroom condo that will take a 2 night reservation, but they want >$300/nt which is more than I can get 2 rooms for at local hotels (Kihei area). Do any of you Maui experts out there have any suggestions or know a good 'Last minute condo' deal site?
Old Jun 25, 2006, 4:20 pm

Programs: Delta
Go here:

http://www.vrbo.com/vacation-rentals/usa/hawaii

Scroll down to Maui and your area of choice. Most have availability calendars posted on the individual unit sites. My experience has been that the calendars are accurate, but you might want to send an enquiring e-mail anyway. When you send the first e-mail, the system will allow you save the information so that you don't have to re-type when contacting another owner.

Many owners like to rent for at least a week, but if it is short notice and they have a hole in their schedule, they might be very happy to rent for a couple of days.
Old Jun 25, 2006, 8:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Have you thought of a B&B? Many will rent for two nights, especially on short notice. Many owners will also drop the rate for a last minute rental. Do a google for B&B and Maui.
Old Jun 25, 2006, 8:38 pm

Programs: UA Gold Million Miler, HH Gold, Marriott Gold
Keep an eye open for deals on www.skyauction.com under "vacation rentals." At the last minute there are often condos for as little as $216 (min bid) for a week. Even if you only use 2 nights, it is a cheap deal on Maui where the hotels are astronomical. You have to bid like eBay but there is not often competition for the Hawaii rentals at the last minute. People cannot get award travel and don't want to pay the last min rates to Hawaii. Look everyday starting with the Monday a week before you need it. Good luck! Otherwise, try Papakea using the Entertainment coupon book. We got rooms for $100/night last year. It is not a deluxe outfit but is OK and on the water past Kaanapali. Each owner has his own decor so it is a crap shoot what you get.
Old Jul 2, 2006, 10:37 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
Thanks, I'm gonna try these suggestions.
Old Jul 11, 2006, 8:53 pm

Programs: FT Member # 642
Inexpensive 1 bedroom condo in Kona....any suggestions?

I have a friend that is looking to go to Kona around August 6 and would like to rent a condo for a week.
Old Jul 12, 2006, 1:38 am

This might be a good place to start.

http://www.vrbo.com/vacation-rentals...aii/big-island
Old Jul 12, 2006, 11:44 pm

Programs: FT Member # 642
She has visited this site and it has been helpful. I was hoping that someone had been to one of the properties and had some on specific condos first hand.
Old Jul 13, 2006, 1:54 am

You'll probably need to give more information, such as budget, size, preferences, etc. We generally rent from private owners on Maui. Even in the same complex, there can be big differences in condition of the actual unit, because of the individual owner and variables such as when that particular section of the resort was finished. You might try asking at this board as well:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowForum...ii_Hawaii.html
Old Jul 13, 2006, 1:59 am

Programs: AA ExPlat HH Diamond
Originally Posted by wingless
I have a friend that is looking to go to Kona around August 6 and would like to rent a condo for a week.
Hi, Wingless. When I'm not in SIN I live in Kona. As mentioned above, each unit can vary by complex. I live in Kona Makai Condo. The grounds are beautiful, pool nice, all units except a few are ocean view. Even though the complex in on the ocean, there is no beach. I have had many freinds/family rent when they come to visit and all the units I have seen are ok and rent for around 90 per night. Feel free to PM me if you have specific questions about another complex.
Old Jan 10, 2007, 11:18 am

Any suggestions for a condo in Lahaina?

Big group heading there for the week of thanksgiving. Hotels are $$$$ so we're looking for a condo or two to rent for the week. Does anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks!
Old Jan 10, 2007, 11:26 am

Programs: HA Pua. Platinum WP, PR, QF, UA, AA, DL, NW Prince Preferred
Check out these nice condo rentals: www.maui-kaanapali-villas.com

Aloha!
Old Jan 10, 2007, 11:56 am

Those look nice. We're probably looiking for something a little bigger though.
Old Jan 10, 2007, 11:58 am

Programs: HA Pua. Platinum WP, PR, QF, UA, AA, DL, NW Prince Preferred
Check out these condo rentals: www.tropicalvillavacations.com

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.