Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Hawaii
Reload this Page >

Connecting in OGG (AA from DFW to WN to LIH)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2023, 1:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, AC *S, Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Explorist

I am looking at the following layover - AA119 from DFW arriving at 345pm connecting to WN3756 at 445pm. Is this a doable connection with carry on only on separate tickets? Is the connection completely
airside? This looks like the last flight out so the alternative would be to overnight in Maui and go the following morning. Thanks!
Old Oct 18, 2023, 2:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by sadiqhassan
I am looking at the following layover - AA119 from DFW arriving at 345pm connecting to WN3756 at 445pm. Is this a doable connection with carry on only on separate tickets? Is the connection completely
airside? This looks like the last flight out so the alternative would be to overnight in Maui and go the following morning. Thanks!
I think that this "connection" is doable, but what is your final destination? No later departures from OGG on HA?
Old Oct 18, 2023, 2:55 pm
Original Poster

LIH, looks like it's the last direct flight but there are some options via HNL
Old Oct 18, 2023, 3:03 pm
formerly wchinchen

Programs: AA CK, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by sadiqhassan
I'm assuming WB 3756 is an inter island flight for your date of travel?

Definitely doable, as the inter island flights start to board about 20-30 minutes before flight. CONUS flights will board a lot earlier (40 minutes), but no reason you can't make it as you don't have luggage to check. The SW OGG terminal goes through an agricultural check (super quick), and about a 5-8 minute walk depending on which gate your plane leaves from.
sadiqhassan likes this.
Old Oct 18, 2023, 5:12 pm
Original Poster

Thank you! Sorry should have been clearer in the OP, route is DFW-OGG-LIH
Old Oct 22, 2023, 10:18 pm

Programs: AS 75K
Agree it's doable - The entire airport can be walked in <10 minutes, including the max 30 second agriculture check if you have to pass through separate ends of the airport.
Old Oct 22, 2023, 10:39 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, HA Plat
As others have said, absolutely do-able if your flight from DFW is somewhere near on time. You’d have more recovery options connecting through HNL if the DFW flight is late (but guessing you’re looking at a significantly better fare to OGG?).
Old Oct 23, 2023, 12:07 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Agree with others. Definitely doable if AA119 is on-time.

The consequences of an overnight in Maui may be a fairly expensive hotel stay though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.