Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Hawaii
Reload this Page >

Compare Kaanapali Alii versus Honua Kai?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2022, 12:39 pm
dtc
Original Poster

Programs: Restarting life as UA newb; AA Lifetime Gold

Aloha experts

My family (small kids) are going to Maui for a week. I've narrowed down lodging to either the Kaanapali Alii or Honua Kai - but I can't quite figure out how to compare them. Any thoughts or advice on what the most notable differences are? The prices are nearly the same.
Old Sep 26, 2022, 1:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by dtc
Aloha experts

My family (small kids) are going to Maui for a week. I've narrowed down lodging to either the Kaanapali Alii or Honua Kai - but I can't quite figure out how to compare them. Any thoughts or advice on what the most notable differences are? The prices are nearly the same.
Suggest reading the reviews here: https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g...ii-Hotels.html Kaanapali Ali'i is rated higher but not sure which would be better with kids. Honua Kai is newer. Good luck.
Old Sep 26, 2022, 2:13 pm

Programs: Four Seasons Aviara (owner), Starwood, Marriott, Hyatt, Hertz President's Circle, United MP 30+ yrs
Originally Posted by dtc
Aloha experts

Both of these sounds somewhat familiar as timeshares that are rented. You might check with TUG - Timeshare Users Group (you can visit as a guest) . The other detail is to check on air conditioning. Some times of the year it matters and some of the older, more "old Hawaii" don't have A/C.
dtc likes this.
Old Oct 8, 2022, 7:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by mstraveler
Both of these sounds somewhat familiar as timeshares that are rented. You might check with TUG - Timeshare Users Group (you can visit as a guest) . The other detail is to check on air conditioning. Some times of the year it matters and some of the older, more "old Hawaii" don't have A/C.
They are not timeshares.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.