Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Hawaii
Reload this Page >

HNL-Haneda and Back in Business: ANA, JAL, DL, or HA?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2022, 12:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE

We are planning a Japan trip once it opens up, and we plan to pay full freight for business class seats to/from Haneda. The airlines currently showing on schedule are JAL, HA, DL. and ANA.

We have lots of experience with HA J flights, none on JAL, one nice flight from Haneda on DL, and only have flown in F internationally on ANA. Wondering whether folks on this forum might have experience in the J cabin to compare the hard and soft products. For now, JAL shows a 787-9 with 1-2-1 seating. HA has the A330 with 2-2-2, DL is showing a 767 with 1-2-1, and ANA shows a 787-9 with 1-2-1 seating. The price of all the airline options are about the same.

I'm leaning toward ANA given my previous great experience with them and because they are a Star Alliance member. Anyone with experience to help with this decision?

Many thanks!
Old Apr 11, 2022, 8:08 pm

Programs: UA 1K
I've flown all four and will tell you that JL and NH are far superior than the other two. The service on the Japanese carriers will be much more polished and consistent. The food out of HND will be near-restaurant quality. DL and HA are hit and miss at best. The DL hard product is out of date but does have all aisle access unlike HA. The only downside with the Japanese carriers is you might get sauna temperatures in the cabin. You've been warned.
josephstern and escapefromphl like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.