Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Hawaii
Reload this Page >

State of Hawaii "Safe Travels" Program (Ends March 25, 2022)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 9, 2021, 8:08 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
RIP

Trusted Testing and Travel Partner(link is external) prior to departing as an alternative to Hawaii’s mandatory 5-day quarantine.

Additionally, any passengers on any commercial flight from the mainland [US], who are over the age of 18, who download the CLEAR app clearme.com/hawaii and correctly follow the directions can use Health Pass. CLEAR touts Health Pass as a “free, mobile experience by CLEAR, which securely connects a person’s verified identity to multiple layers of COVID-19 related insights, including proof of vaccination, to reduce public health risk.”

Here’s how it works: Travelers will add their negative COVID-19 test result or vaccine verification to the free CLEAR mobile app clearme.com/hawaii to generate a Health Pass. Then they can apply for a quarantine exception on the Hawaii Safe Travels website by linking their CLEAR Health Pass. The secure process may be done over a smartphone.

Employees of airlines participating in pre-clearance programs will scan a passenger’s HI QR code prior to the flight to Hawaii to ensure that all entry requirements are satisfied. Depending on the airline, travelers might receive a wristband to help expedite arrival procedures in Hawaii. If a particular airline does not provide pre- clearance service prior to departure, travelers will be screened upon arrival in Hawaii.

https://www.staradvertiser.com/2021/07/10/hawaii-news/hawaii-streamlines-travel-entry-with-clear-health-pass/?HSA=49ce592a363d295324577e0c19496e69b02ab967

Link to Safe Travels Hawaii Website (Mandatory State of Hawaii Travel and Health Form) - https://travel.hawaii.gov/#/

Beginning July 8, 2021, individuals fully vaccinated in the United States or its Territories may enter Hawaii on domestic flights without pre-travel testing/quarantine starting the 15th day after the completion of their vaccination. All other travelers must have their negative test results from a
Print Wikipost

State of Hawaii "Safe Travels" Program (Ends March 25, 2022)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2022, 3:44 pm

Originally Posted by manda99
Flying this weekend (5 days out) and QR code was automatically sent to me this morning with a note saying 24 hour health checkin no longer required.
I got the QR code emailed to me with the same message. It's a green QR code. I'm also in the CLEAR app but can't tell if I'm linked correctly. I got a survey emailed to me from CLEAR asking about my health pass experience, so maybe I did it right. It does say No in read next to the "screened?" section.

I recently read you're supposed to do all of this within 30 days of the trip, but I input all of the info about a month ago for a trip in mid February and suddenly got the email this morning.

I'm concerned that the CLEAR health pass says it expires soon after I arrive. I arrive in the afternoon and the health pass is set to expire around midnight that night. Is that normal?
Old Jan 4, 2022, 4:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I've got a trip coming up within 30 days so I just entered my info. The email came while I was clicking on the exemption button (I already had my vax info in there from a previous trip).

Where do you see that it expires?
Old Jan 4, 2022, 4:38 pm

Originally Posted by josephstern
I've got a trip coming up within 30 days so I just entered my info. The email came while I was clicking on the exemption button (I already had my vax info in there from a previous trip).

Where do you see that it expires?
The expiration is shown in the Clear app health pass right under my pic and the QR code. Says it expires at 5:14 am the day after I arrive in mid February. This is not in the safe travels email. Only in the Clear app health pass.
Old Jan 4, 2022, 4:48 pm

Originally Posted by beagus
The expiration is shown in the Clear app health pass right under my pic and the QR code. Says it expires at 5:14 am the day after I arrive in mid February. This is not in the safe travels email. Only in the Clear app health pass.
Because I was there recently, my Clear expiration from last trip was still there and set to expire the day before I arrived this time, so I couldn't link it to my trip. To get around that, I had to delete the Clear app from my iPhone and re-install and then re-create a Hawaii Health Pass. Then link it to my trip.
Old Jan 4, 2022, 5:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Got it. I didn't use my Clear app last trip - just uploaded my vax docs in the app. I can't remember what the Clear app adds now that there's no testing requirement . . .
Old Jan 4, 2022, 5:39 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Go to Safe Travels and under you trip you should see a green Exempt checkmark if your CLEAR was linked correctly to Safe Travels. If so you are good to go.
Old Jan 4, 2022, 6:25 pm

Originally Posted by MCO Flyer
Go to Safe Travels and under you trip you should see a green Exempt checkmark if your CLEAR was linked correctly to Safe Travels. If so you are good to go.
I've got that. Thank you. So I shouldn't be concerned about the expiration date?
Old Jan 4, 2022, 10:16 pm

Programs: UA GS 4MM, RCC life member (paid), Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, CLEAR
I've got that. Thank you. So I shouldn't be concerned about the expiration date?
CLEAR pass expires in about 90 days. After that, you just need to log in again. It will take a photo of you and restart the clock.
If you get Hawaii exemption though CLEAR, you receive the green check mark on Exemption. You do not need CLEAR any more.
For going to restaurants, I use California Health Pass - with a QR code on my phone's home screen.
Old Jan 4, 2022, 11:40 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by PanAmWT
For going to restaurants, I use California Health Pass - with a QR code on my phone's home screen.
You can actually add your CA Health Pass to your Apple Wallet using the Health App. The Apple Wallet QR code is still considered a “SMART Health card” so it can still be scanned/read at restaurants.
Old Jan 5, 2022, 7:12 am

Thanks to all for the replies. Does anyone know the current situation at ATL with the wristbands? Will they have them in the Delta sky club or only at the gate? Most importantly, are they still giving them out? I saw that some airports stopped giving the wristbands.

If I have to get screened at HNL, is it before or after baggage claim? I will not have a checked bag. I really don't want to stand in that jammed up line that I saw pics of the other day.
Old Jan 5, 2022, 7:23 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
I suggest you look in the Delta Forum for reports on the issuance of wristbands; just do a search for "wristbands"

Screening is done in the gateside area of the terminals on the departures level before you get to baggage claim.
Old Jan 5, 2022, 7:29 am

I looked there yesterday. Just wondering if anyone here had any news. Thank you.
Old Jan 5, 2022, 8:03 am

I'm not saying you should be concerned, but I'm assuming you're already concerned, and I would be concerned as well - because I'm a worrier. I wouldn't like that it expires before my plane actually touches the ground. That's why I posted about deleting/re-creating the pass. I'd, honestly, just re-create the whole thing so I wouldn't worry about it. But that's me. I can't promise how all that goes since you already have a QR code and trip.
Old Jan 5, 2022, 10:40 am

Originally Posted by manda99
I'm not saying you should be concerned, but I'm assuming you're already concerned, and I would be concerned as well - because I'm a worrier. I wouldn't like that it expires before my plane actually touches the ground. That's why I posted about deleting/re-creating the pass. I'd, honestly, just re-create the whole thing so I wouldn't worry about it. But that's me. I can't promise how all that goes since you already have a QR code and trip.
Thx. It actually expires after I land, so I am not as concerned as before because I can just use the safe travels code.
Old Jan 6, 2022, 10:12 am

Programs: UA 1MM, Avis Chairman, Four Seasons Elite, HA Pualani Gold
Is UA at SFO still issuing wristbands from the ticketing area? That has always been super quick compared to the massive lines at the F gates.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.