Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MR to OGG 1-8pm what to do?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2019, 9:45 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: DL MM (thanks PMNW!), DL PM, UA PLT, just about every darn hotel program-generally GOLD type level
Question MR to OGG 1-8pm what to do?

Title says it all except that I will be there on a weekday. I have 8 hours on ground. How shall I fill it? I haven’t rented a car but could. Might prefer Uber as cocktails on beach sound good
Old Sep 9, 2019, 12:09 am

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Drive up to Haleakala (bring warm clothes), followed by an early dinner at Mama's Fish House.
In2ishn likes this.
Old Sep 9, 2019, 6:19 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: DL MM (thanks PMNW!), DL PM, UA PLT, just about every darn hotel program-generally GOLD type level
Originally Posted by 747FC
Drive up to Haleakala (bring warm clothes), followed by an early dinner at Mama's Fish House.
Thanks for the idea!
Old Sep 9, 2019, 10:33 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
I did a day trip to Maui when the Super Ferry was running about 10 years ago and rented a car. I drove up to the summit of Haleakala, visited the Maui Ocean Center in Ma'alaea, and ate a plate lunch sitting on a picnic table at Kamaole Beach Park III. If you have a Costco membership, the Costco is very close to the airport and has the cheapest gas on the island. Costcos in Hawaii also carry bulk-sized local foods like macadamia nuts, Aloha shirts, and other gift items if you are looking for a souvenir. There's also several malls in Kahului and Wailuku.
Old Sep 11, 2019, 12:12 pm

Programs: UA Gold (.85 MM), HH Diamond, SPG Platinum (LT Gold), Hertz PC, National EE
Be careful about heading to Lahaina if that's on your radar, traffic can come to a stop at anytime. Living part time now in Kapalua, I dread every trip to Kahului, but when I do I make a day of it. I pick up equipment, make a run to Costco, and if I'm really energetic I stop at Charlies in Paia for Pizza or maybe the Fish Market. Not really a fan of anything on that side of the island.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.