Wiki Posts
Search

Maui Surf/Kayak/Bike Recommendations

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2016, 11:13 pm
Original Poster

Maui Surf/Kayak/Bike Recommendations

Hello fellow FT'ers,

I will be visiting Maui for the first time, and am looking for recommendations on which companies to pick for doing the following activities:

- a beginner surf lesson
- a kayak/snorkel tour
- a sunrise tour of Haleakala (probably with biking down)

I will be traveling by myself; I would prefer to participate in a group format, but don't mind doing a private tour/lesson. My stay is located in Kihei, and can travel with my rental car.

Any past experience and/or company recommendations you may share? Did you book direct or through a third-party? Did you use any coupons/discounts?

Thanks!
Old Nov 7, 2016, 10:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
I'd look at a couple guide books. I like Lonely Planet and the Hawaii Revealed series at http://www.hawaiirevealed.com/
Old Nov 14, 2016, 2:23 am

We enjoyed Goofy Foot Surfing (Lahaina) and Queen's Treasure (snorkel cruise - Kaanapali) but there may be closer options for you. We booked online through their websites.
Old Nov 16, 2016, 11:53 pm
Suspended

I can strongly endorse West Maui Cycles for renting bikes. I rented a Specialized Sirrus from them for 4 days (actually parts of 5 days) and put about 105 miles on it while I had it. I felt it was a good bike at a fair price - and probably a good value compromise for about half the cost of a Roubaix or Tarmac. They also provide a helmet, lock, tire repair kit, and pedals with clips or cleats as requested. They also offer Haleakala rides.

www.westmauicycles.com
Old Nov 17, 2016, 11:05 am
Original Poster

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I went with Maui Kayak Adventures for my kayak/snorkeling tour, and Haleakala Bike Co. for my sunrise/bike tour. I highly recommend both.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.