Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best path to Hawaii from MLI and which island for a little wedding

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2016, 2:25 pm
Original Poster

Best path to Hawaii from MLI and which island for a little wedding

HI, my fiancee nor I have never visited Hawaii. I would like to have a little romantic wedding just the two of us if I can. We have Delta pts 140,000, AA 120,000, Chase 100,000. I didn't know if we should sigh up for the starwood card or another hotel credit card? We have a Hyatt card, but the two free night expires this July..I don't know if Hyatt will let me extend the date on the two free nights. This would be in the first two weeks in October.
We are not out going party people, so no bars.
Thanks and all advice is greatly appreciated.
Old Mar 20, 2016, 6:05 pm

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Welcome to FT!

It seems like you are seeking advice on credit card signup offers. You might want to go to that forum for good advice.
Old Mar 27, 2016, 11:21 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite
If you really wanted something just for the two of you, why not try Lanai? Get married with spend time with just the two of you like the people in this video
. The Four Seasons Lanai is nothing to sneeze at either. I would say Lanai has by far been the best island I've been to.

You can book all interisland flights on HA with SkyMiles, I remember I had to call for the Ohana by Hawaiian flights (HNL to MKK or LNY). I'm assuming you'll want an Arrival+ or something of the sort if you want to go Four Seasons?
Old Apr 2, 2016, 6:32 am

I'll be biased and say go check out Maui, particularly Wailea/Makena in south side of Maui or Ka'anapali/Napili in west side of Maui. Those places are very beautiful, awesome sunsets, and perfect for romantic getaways.

Avoid Oahu
Old Apr 3, 2016, 1:48 pm

Programs: AA Peon Gold
MLI, that's Moline, Illinois or Mali?

(Can't imagine why you'd want to go from Mali to Hawaii, so I'll assume it's Moline...)

Your best bet is to connect through ORD on UA or DFW on AA. Looks like you have direct flights to both from MLI. Both have direct flights to Maui as well, if that's your choice. If you want LIH or the big island, you'll have to double connect somewhere on the west coast.
Old Apr 5, 2016, 2:22 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
What is your budget for the event - without knowing the limits of the trip in terms of time and budget, it's hard to recommend a specific venue. We plan small weddings with Four Seasons, but the new Lana'i resorts are asking for room rates that are really out of bounds (although they should drift down to more reasonable levels), so it might not be the best first choice.

While we can do a wonderful solo-stye wedding event at the lower priced Hualalai on the Big Island, you can also consider Hyatt properties on Kauai and Maui if you want to cover some of the room costs with points....or book one location for the wedding, and add a second island for the balance of the honeymoon using points.

Lots of options to consider.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.