Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Hawaii
Reload this Page >

SEA-HNL April 2014 - suggestions for less expensive fares?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2013, 12:53 pm
In memoriam
Original Poster

Programs: Kimpton IC, Hyatt Diamond, Gold Marriott, Lifetime Platinum Starwood

All:

I need your help. Want to go SEA-HNL April 2014 for a week. Airfares are looking insane. What suggestions do you have? Four people travelling together. Thanks in advance!
Old Aug 30, 2013, 12:58 pm

Programs: UA GS4MM, MR LT Plat, Hilton Gold
That's tough as it is Spring Break, unless ticket sales soften the prices may not go lower.
Old Aug 30, 2013, 10:23 pm

I'm (reasonably) certain that at some point the prices will be lower. Whether you can catch the timing on it is another matter. Case in point - we will fly LBB-HNL on 9/26. I've been watching prices almost daily since February (United). Prices shot up from $929 to $979 in April, then went down to $959. I bought 2 (with a 5% Veterans Advantage discount), felt pretty smug as they went back up to $979 shortly after and stayed there for months. Early this week AA dropped their fare from $980 to $780 and UA followed suit the next day. Of course, all that's left are random middle seats in a 2-5-2 scheme. Not sure I'd be willing to sit in middle seats to save $130 each, so I feel OK that I bought when I did.
Old Aug 31, 2013, 10:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by ldsant
All:

I need your help. Want to go SEA-HNL April 2014 for a week. Airfares are looking insane. What suggestions do you have? Four people travelling together. Thanks in advance!
Set up an "alert" thru travelocity or kayak.
Old Aug 31, 2013, 11:23 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Hhonors Gold, National Executive, Identity Gold, MLife Gold
Buy from Alaska.

Every time the fare goes down, claim a new credit - http://www.alaskaair.com/content/dea...guarantee.aspx
Old Sep 2, 2013, 1:18 am

Programs: AS MVPG, HHonors Gold VIP, Marriott Rewards Gold
Originally Posted by OverThereTooMuch
Buy from Alaska.

Every time the fare goes down, claim a new credit - http://www.alaskaair.com/content/dea...guarantee.aspx
Get the Alaska Airlines Visa Signature card and get the companion airfare pass, get 2 of them and you'll save money!
Old Sep 13, 2013, 11:11 pm

Programs: Nada of note these days….
[QUOTE=philemer;21370374]Set up an "alert" thru travelocity or kayak.[/QUOTE
yapta.com also has an alert service as well.

Alaska Air's price guarantee service is a good way to get to Hawaii and save some cash for the next flight when their price drops. I have occasionally gotten repeated fare reductions on the same flight and have used their birds for many years.
Old Oct 25, 2013, 8:41 am

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
Drive to BLI. Fly from there, typically cheaper.
Old Nov 25, 2013, 11:16 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond Hyatt Globalist
I know I'm late to the party but definitely check out Allegiant out of BLI. I'm seeing $450 in April round trip compared to $500+ on AS. I've seen Allegiant less than half of what AS/DL/others are charging out of SEA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.