Wiki Posts
Search

Plantation Village

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2013, 2:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Gold, HH Gold
Thumbs up Plantation Village

We visited the Hawaii Plantation Village in Waipahu (Oahu) and cannot recommend it highly enough! An outdoor museum documenting the life of various immigrant groups on Hawaiian plantations, our 2 hour tour was given by Auntie Espy who grew up on that plantation, and was a wealth of information and stories. She even brought food and fed us a homemade Philapino lunch. Be aware that Espy is the only tour guide who cooks for her group, and she only gives tours on Mondays at 10am. I am sure the other tour guides are good and informative, but I can't imagine they would beat Auntie Espy!

www.hawaiiplantationvillage.org

Last edited by tvelinsk; May 23, 2013 at 12:30 am
Old May 22, 2013, 8:51 pm

Originally Posted by tvelinsk
We visited the Hawaii Plantation Village in Waipahu (Oahu) and cannot recommend it highly enough! An outdoor museum documenting the life of various immigrant groups on Hawaiian plantations, our 2 hour tour was given by Auntie Espy who grew up on that plantation, and was a wealth of information and stories. She even brought food and fed us a homemade Philapino lunch. Be aware that Espy is the only tour guide who cooks for her group, and she only gives tours on Mondays at 10am. I am sure the other tour guides are good and informative, but I can't imagine they would beat Auntie Espy!

www.hawaiiplantationvillage.com
Try this link instead.
Old May 23, 2013, 12:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Gold, HH Gold
Thanks, deubster!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.