Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Hawaii
Reload this Page >

Only 6000 Virgin miles for interisland HA award [no longer available at that rate]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Only 6000 Virgin miles for interisland HA award [no longer available at that rate]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2012, 11:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by pelkrum
I tried to book interislands flights in Hawaii using frying club mileages.
I was told from many posts on the internet that I can book a round trip flight with just 6000 mileages.
However, the representative told me that they charge 15,000 mileages for round trip. I tried it between HNL and LIH(KAUAI) & between HNL and ITO(HILO). I called them up three times and all of them told me that they charges
15,000 miles for round trip.
When I looked into Hawaiian airline web site, I can see 15,000 mileage reward ticket. As you know, 15,000 mileage is the minimum in Hawaiian airline.
Could you let me know why they charge more than 6000 miles?
Do you have any experiences on that?
Thanks.
Only Virgin can tell you WHY. Maybe they realized their mistake. 6K was under priced & now 15K is over priced. Looks like the cheap ride is over.
Old Feb 2, 2012, 8:07 am

Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, PC Plat, Hilton Gold
Wow, this really changes things! I'd called them last week and was still quoted 6k miles roundtrip. They found availability for the HNL-LIH flight on the day I wanted, but couldn't sell LIH-OGG (the agent said perhaps HA doesn't make that available to VA).

I didn't have the Flying Club miles yet anyway, but got the card a few days ago and was really hoping to use this award redemption. Bummer that it might be gone!
Old Feb 8, 2012, 4:02 pm

Looks like their website has been updated now to show the change. I'm in mourning over the loss of one of my favorite awards.
Old Feb 9, 2012, 12:27 pm

R.I.P.
Old Feb 10, 2012, 4:55 pm

Programs: HA, DL, UA, PC Gold, A/club Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Pl
man this sucks..just when i was about to figure out how to get some virgin miles

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.