Consolidated "Disney Aulani" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Disney Aulani" thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2015, 9:17 pm

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy LTE+A, HH D, Nat'l EE, Hertz Plat, Avis PC
Or why not just book through Disney? They're offering some pretty good deals right now, and with none of the uncertainty, risk, or extra cost of borrowing someone's timeshare.
Old Feb 24, 2015, 8:13 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite
Stayed over a weekend at Aulani, enjoyed their beautiful facilities. This Disney resort does Hawaii and Disney tastefully, with subtle cues everywhere from the design of the place to the smallest details you'll find around the place. There is a lot of effort put into the design, atmosphere, and service you'll find at the place, which you won't find anywhere else on Oahu.

I'm personally very finicky about the cleanliness of hotels and the age of the buildings, but at Aulani the thought had never even crossed my mind. Service is better then anything you'll find in Waikiki beach. It may be a bit expensive, but even compared to the JW Marriott (future Four Seasons) next door it's well worth it. You really do get what you pay for at this Disney resort.
Old Dec 14, 2015, 4:21 pm

Originally Posted by Mary2e
You might even find an Aulani owner willing to rent to you for less than David's charges.
This.

David's charges $16/pt for reservations made 7 months in advance ($13/pt paid to the owner, David collects $3/pt). There are owners that will accept at ~$14/pt through a private transaction. Hard part is finding an owner without become an established member of disboards or mouseowners.
Old Feb 10, 2016, 10:40 am

Room upgrade at Check In

I'm planning to book the cheapest room directly from Aulani May 9-14th. Has anyone had experience paying for a room upgrade at check in for a cheaper rate then booking ahead? Any insight or experiences into what Disney may want for that?

Pretty much every time I've gone to hawaii, I always book the cheapest room and then pay for an upgrade, if available, at check in and I typically get an upgrade for 25% or less of the book ahead rates.
Old Feb 11, 2016, 11:36 am

Yes, you can pay for a room upgrade at check in. Not sure about the 25%.
Old Jun 12, 2016, 7:40 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, UA Plat. Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Plat. Hilton Plat. US Airways, Starwood Gold, Avis Pres
Looking to rent here Nov. 25-Dec.1/2
any ideas on the best place to find a rental? thanks
Old Jun 13, 2016, 8:13 am

Originally Posted by twoner32
Looking to rent here Nov. 25-Dec.1/2
any ideas on the best place to find a rental? thanks
Try mouseowners.com...it may be tough if you're not a established member. This is a rental direct from a owner...rate will be about $14 per point but less if you can find a distressed owner or last minute rental. Or try David's for a no hassle no worry rental.

Last edited by Troopers; Jun 15, 2016 at 8:02 am
Old Jun 13, 2016, 10:51 am

Just checked availability for Nov 25 - Dec 1/2...lots of availability for all bedrooms and views types.
Old Jun 14, 2016, 10:05 pm

Just check the Disney site too. They often run specials that include a free night, free breakfast for length of stay, etc. that can make the overall price pretty competitive.
Old Jun 15, 2016, 2:46 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, UA Plat. Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Plat. Hilton Plat. US Airways, Starwood Gold, Avis Pres
So newbie question-just booked our first trip there for November....kids 7 and 4...advice on making reservations in advance or anything else you think I should do in advance? Thanks
Old Jun 15, 2016, 3:25 pm

Originally Posted by twoner32
So newbie question-just booked our first trip there for November....kids 7 and 4...advice on making reservations in advance or anything else you think I should do in advance? Thanks
When in November? Staying in the hotel side or the DVC side? And for how long?
Old Jun 18, 2016, 9:33 pm
Suspended

At least there are no gators in the man-made lagoon beach at the Aulani.
Old Jun 19, 2016, 8:49 pm

Originally Posted by lhgreengrd1
Too soon?
Old Jun 30, 2016, 2:09 pm

Originally Posted by lhgreengrd1
Confirmed, no gators

Just returned from a 4 night stay in a grand villa...very very awesome. 4th visit to the property. Glad to see the incremental improvements to the property/amenities since the opening.
Old Jan 22, 2023, 11:38 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, QFF WP, Velocity Gold
Hello
Any recent visits to Aulani? Keen to bring a family with kids.
Cheers!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.