Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Two Hotels in Hawaii

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2002, 10:33 am
Original Poster

Two Hotels in Hawaii

Will be staying 2 days at the Renaissance Ilikia in Honolulu and then my 6 night ALON at the Hilton Hawaiian Village. Does anyone know if they're close enough to wheel the old suitcase over or do we have to get a taxi?
Old Jul 23, 2002, 11:13 am

IIRC, it sort of is 'right next door', but the Hilton grounds are a 'walk' into themselves. If your suitcase has wheels, I would say it seems walkable for sure.
Old Jul 24, 2002, 8:30 am

When you get to the Kobe Steak house make a right and cut through the HHV property, but I agree I would only walk if my suitcase has wheels.

scott
Old Jul 24, 2002, 9:06 pm

Just read this about the Hilton Hawaiian Village:
(BUSINESS WIRE)--July 24, 2002--In the normal course of cleaning, the presence of mold has been discovered in guestrooms in the Kalia Tower at the Hilton Hawaiian Village. Since our first and most important priority and responsibility is for the safety and comfort of our guests and employees, we have taken the following steps:
All guestrooms in the Kalia Tower have been taken out of service until the cause of the situation has been determined and a solution put in place.
Experts in this field have been hired and they are on property. They will be providing their evaluation as to the cause and extent and, more importantly, what steps we must take to alleviate the situation.
Old Jul 25, 2002, 8:06 am
Original Poster

Gee, thanks for the above notice. Never thought of rooms being out of commission for mold. Definitely don't want an upgrade to the Kalia Towers.
Old Jul 26, 2002, 10:48 am

http://starbulletin.com/2002/07/25/news/story1.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.